Finish Time

Sandro

23 hours ago, TIB said:

Slightly off topic.

From what I have gathered from this thread is that CTCT timing will move from Racetec to Finish Time.

What is going to happen with Racetec? It has been my 'record' of all my CTCT Tours and Karoo to Coast races.

Can someone please help an explain how to download my personal Ractec results in order to preserve a copy? Export to Excel? But I have no idea how.

Please explain very, very slowly 😅. All I know of SQL is that it is a three letter acronym!

Finish Time have taken over Racetec and will be importing all your race results onto the new platform.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Remember when you turned your SABC yagi antenna 90-degrees and it stopped working? The signal has a polarity and sender and receiver need to be aligned.

the irony of referencing these ages... 

2024 and they are really making this live timing system seem like rocket science 

16 minutes ago, Dazshell said:

Finish Time have taken over Racetec and will be importing all your race results onto the new platform.

1) yeah right, when ? They've been Timing 947 for the last 2 years already.

2) hopefully the children that designed the interface have developed some new skills by now and will improve it drastically in the next version.

31 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Remember when you turned your SABC yagi antenna 90-degrees and it stopped working? The signal has a polarity and sender and receiver need to be aligned.

i.e. dont pop a wheelie over the finish line because your tjip wont be aligned 

7 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

1) yeah right, when ? They've been Timing 947 for the last 2 years already.

2) hopefully the children that designed the interface have developed some new skills by now and will improve it drastically in the next version.

It has been a slow process as the negotiations started a couple of years ago with two opposing parties trying to find common ground.  As a trustee of the Club Cappuccino Foundation who own Tour Durban,  I have been quite close to the process and as we understand it the problem was that the old Racetec chips had were no longer available and the cost to start from scratch with new equipment and chips and falling race numbers post Covid was prohibitive and the best solution was for Finish Time who already had the newer equipment to acquire Racetec.  Hopefully their new permanent chips being supplied at CTCT will sort the problem out moving forward.

Unfortunately, there will probably be a cost for the new chips for those not doing CTCT when they enter their next race.

Edited by Dazshell

2 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

Neeeee, kan nie SO ver terug onthou nie 😋

2 hours ago, Dazshell said:

It has been a slow process as the negotiations started a couple of years ago with two opposing parties trying to find common ground.  As a trustee of the Club Cappuccino Foundation who own Tour Durban,  I have been quite close to the process and as we understand it the problem was that the old Racetec chips had were no longer available and the cost to start from scratch with new equipment and chips and falling race numbers post Covid was prohibitive and the best solution was for Finish Time who already had the newer equipment to acquire Racetec.  Hopefully their new permanent chips being supplied at CTCT will sort the problem out moving forward.

Unfortunately, there will probably be a cost for the new chips for those not doing CTCT when they enter their next race.

I’m curious to see how these new chips look. Gonna laugh my arse off if it’s the same as the disposable plastic ones. I have 4 of them already which I paid for. 

On 2/19/2024 at 4:00 PM, ChrisF said:

Your CTCT entry on your full names ?

Only those events showing your full names count towards your seeding.

Just the two of us ?  Or is this the start of big fun ....

Let's give credit where it is due -

Wesley at Finish Time has now update my details on their website.

I have now reached out (again) to PPA to do their bit to ensure these updated results are pulled through.

3 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

I’m curious to see how these new chips look. Gonna laugh my arse off if it’s the same as the disposable plastic ones. I have 4 of them already which I paid for. 

😂 I expect nothing but this

Which also makes me think... I wonder how they'll manage access to the CTCT Expo this year. Last few years its all been done by scanning the Racetec chips at entry