Alee Denham in Die Hel

NickGM

33 minutes ago, Prince Albert Cycles said:

Awesome video. Saw their bikes parked at a local coffee shop sorry we did not meet .

Were they using back roads ?

These certainly seems a lot more rugged than the Swartberg pass and the road down into Die Hel.

13 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Were they using back roads ?

These certainly seems a lot more rugged than the Swartberg pass and the road down into Die Hel.

They entered Die Hel from the West and exited out the road going East and Swartberg Pass.

Simplified directions: Ride up Seweweekspoort, turn right at the top. Ride along until Die Leer, hike down into Die Hel. Ride through Die Hel and out on the road via Swartberg Pass.

11 hours ago, Prince Albert Cycles said:

You need permission to cross private property ( Bosluyskloof) on your way to the ladder and then once again at the bottom over private property until you reach nature conservation property

Yes you do; this has come up before related to the Freedom Trail. We did it in a group a few years ago from Gamka Poort Dam and the local riders were very careful to get permission in advance.  Quite a challenging hike with a loaded bike, you have to be careful even with just the bike.  How Slim Jannie got horses down there I will never know.

4 hours ago, Hilton. said:

Absolutely amazing. That kloof, Die Hel, is so beautiful, wow. I need to organise a trip out there.

Thanks for sharing 

Base in Prince Albert

Depart pre dawn, few km level, then just a "fun" 5km climb up Swartberg pass to the turn.  NICE section down to Die Hel.

This is where the time dilema is .... you need to get going early to get back to Prince Albert, OR you may want to stay over.

Our only regret is that we have not spent enough time down in Die Hel.

I really need to do a Route 62 trip again, and have some coffee with Arno :thumbup: