Cape Town Cycle Tour 2024

pdasilva

5 minutes ago, Renaldo Wessels said:

Still waiting for my seeding , feels like Christmas morning and everyone received presents except me. My seeding index is currently 20.60 on ppa seeding page. What would be a realistic Seeding for the CTCT ? 

My wild guess somewhere in the "1" groups, probably around 1B or 1C

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Renaldo Wessels said:

Still waiting for my seeding , feels like Christmas morning and everyone received presents except me. My seeding index is currently 20.60 on ppa seeding page. What would be a realistic Seeding for the CTCT ? 

Probably a 1A or 1B

Had a look at PPA.

My last seeding event is shown as Vines and Views, and explains my seeding for Winelands and 99er.

Neither of these two events are shown for my seeding calculation though

YES - 99er will only be added in the coming days.  Was expecting Winelands to show already ... THIS may be an interesting point for those that raced Winelands ....

Not that any of this seeding makes any difference, as I will be starting at the back with the Charity rides.

12 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Had a look at PPA.

My last seeding event is shown as Vines and Views, and explains my seeding for Winelands and 99er.

Neither of these two events are shown for my seeding calculation though

YES - 99er will only be added in the coming days.  Was expecting Winelands to show already ... THIS may be an interesting point for those that raced Winelands ....

Not that any of this seeding makes any difference, as I will be starting at the back with the Charity rides.

My seeding reflects the Winelands race so your should as well.

I’m not really sure how the seeding works with e-bikes though. It could be that then?

2 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

I’m not really sure how the seeding works with e-bikes though. It could be that then?

It might well be that the result wasn’t good enough to influence his/ her seeding

4 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

Uhmmm .... will keep an eye out how this unfolds ....

Edited by ChrisF

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

It might well be that the result wasn’t good enough to influence his/ her seeding

Actually Winelands was my best result to date.

There seems to be a whole different issue at hand ....

Finish Time has me on my name and surname, not my full name as on my ID.  My last three races are logged as this, even though the entry portal only has me on my full name ....

I have reached out to PPA and Finish Time.

And my CTCT entry is on my full names (checked)

Also checked, my CSA registration is also on my full names.

Thankfully this has zero impact on CTCT2024, as I am starting with a charity group.  But I would like to get this sorted to ensure a smooth process for other events.

Does anybody have contact details for Finish Time ?

Online - I have tried this, even got a "Ticket number" .... nothing since.

Phone - the number on their website does not go through, call gets terminated immediately.

EDIT - mine is not a seeding query ..... well, not yet ... :P

Edited by ChrisF

4 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

99er still not reflecting in PPA seeding calc. Results must have been sent in via the Post Office and paid for via money order

Seems like the seeding is still done on Racetec and its a manual process to move the data over from Finishtime?

Possibly they will do it early next week in time for the Tour de PPA?

9 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Seems like the seeding is still done on Racetec and its a manual process to move the data over from Finishtime?

Possibly they will do it early next week in time for the Tour de PPA?

Which explains the later seeding letters for riders who rode 99er

but in this 46th day of the year 2024, why the heck can nobody write a simple SQL query to pull the data from one db and add to another db ?

Where there is a will there is a way, it seem like there is no will, maybe just a bunch of willys though.

4 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

but in this 46th day of the year 2024, why the heck can nobody write a simple SQL query to pull the data from one db and add to another db ?

Where there is a will there is a way, it seem like there is no will, maybe just a bunch of willys though.

Sure, easy if the data structures are the same...