Cape Town Cycle Tour 2024

pdasilva

2 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Were do the racing females fit into this numbering system ?

They are in %, starting at 6:05 in Fish Hoek, and the u/17 boys at 6:00 from there as well.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, HdB said:

Yes, @ seems to be just age, as I'm "lucky" enough to start there, and I don't hold a racing license. At the weekend's Herald, I rode in the Open Seeded, instead of the racing vet batches.

Lekker, I'm starting there as well so will see you in the start chute 

7 minutes ago, KingZA said:

Lekker, I'm starting there as well so will see you in the start chute 

Just out of interest, what is your current PPA seeding? I currently have a 21 seeding so expecting to be in 1A based on current results. What would i need to get to to jump into one of the racing cats?

55 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Just out of interest, what is your current PPA seeding? I currently have a 21 seeding so expecting to be in 1A based on current results. What would i need to get to to jump into one of the racing cats?

I'm not riding August in March but as a guideline, the past two races I got BL start with a 15 seeding.  
I see I am now back in "AL" with a 11.89 seeding based on Ride for Sight (already on PPA seeding webpage)

Edited by Spinnekop

21 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Ride very very very fast out the blocks...

Just now, Meezo said:

Ride very very very fast out the blocks...

The CTCT is the one race where I'm actually uncomfortable with a higher seeding than my capabilities on the day. 🙂
You basically go all out (uphill and downhill) trying not get a heart attack and ignoring all the beeping from your HRM to stay in the bunch until you drop into Constantia...

9 hours ago, throttles said:

Nothing on racers or ppa

maybe you $😶‍🌫️

51 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

<14.99 seeding index or top 150 in age category 

Edited by DieselnDust

57 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

I'm 12.21 at the moment. It's been worse in previous years but I've always ended up in this group since I turned 40.

If you are in A group for PPA seeding which is 0 - 15 then you should be able to make the leap to the racing cats.

32 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

<14.99 seeding index or top 150 in age category 

I'm not saying you're wrong (I suspect you have real world experience of this), but the CTCT website says this:

The & group is for men aged 30-39 and 50+ who have an index under 20. Men’s age group prizes for age groups 50-59 will be awarded from this group only.

https://www.capetowncycletour.com/seeding-faqs/

11 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

I'm not saying you're wrong (I suspect you have real world experience of this), but the CTCT website says this:

https://www.capetowncycletour.com/seeding-faqs/

Yip that’s what they say is the criteria but there’s only space for about 250 riders. They stretch it out max 300 so between the two age groups they generally take the top 150 seeded riders from each age cat that have entered. So a seeding <20 isn’t a guarantee a rider will get into &.

an “A” seeding or index <14.99 will deliver a racing group start 99.9% of the time at 95% confidence. Index <12 is a 100% at 100% confidence ( which statistically is impossible but just wanted to emphasise 

even so ,1A and 1B are pretty good groups as well. Just stay off the front for the first 60km 

Ya will see how this weekends race goes but Im feeling quite strong. Obviously if there is rain, will probably change everything as I won’t risk it. I suppose the bigger question is do I even want to be that high up? 1A should be plenty strong anyway.

3 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Ya will see how this weekends race goes but Im feeling quite strong. Obviously if there is rain, will probably change everything as I won’t risk it. I suppose the bigger question is do I even want to be that high up? 1A should be plenty strong anyway.

Get that seeding UP there ...

Weather (or whatever) dependent you can always start later 👍

Wishing you all the best for a fast and clean event

3 hours ago, waveduke said:

The CTCT is the one race where I'm actually uncomfortable with a higher seeding than my capabilities on the day. 🙂
You basically go all out (uphill and downhill) trying not get a heart attack and ignoring all the beeping from your HRM to stay in the bunch until you blow in Constantia...

Fixed 😆