Cape Town Cycle Tour 2024

pdasilva

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse my complete ignorance - I managed to get onto the results stats page.

But how do I get onto the official race results for 2024 for everyone ???

In the past it was available pretty soon after the race and there was a time where they sent you your time via sms.

3 minutes ago, babse said:

can you even call that skinny?

🤣 after I looked a little while, realised that stoker has his own bottles!!!! WTH could he have been drinking and wouldn't it have just left a mess on the road!!???

56 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Even if you get a great seeding, you still need to be very fit🤣

Heard a rumor that UMALUSI had been contracted to apply their "matrix results correction algorithms" to everybody that missed a sub-3 by less than 1 hour.

As of 2025 you can sport a sub-3 certificate with a sub-4 finish provided you pay your PPA subscription in full before the 2025 race.

Quite an innovative approach I reckon 🤘

27 minutes ago, capediver said:

🤣 after I looked a little while, realised that stoker has his own bottles!!!! WTH could he have been drinking and wouldn't it have just left a mess on the road!!???

Looks like he was dying for a drink 🙃

4 hours ago, Shebeen said:

ebikes = don't go faster than 3:50

it's very clearly stated in the rules

image.png.a60e742e47dcf6a215683c29f944b92a.png

Here is the current list of naughty boys (and girls), who need to go sit in the corner and apologise!

That 1st place guy is my daughter's boss.

Question to those around the 3hr mark, what sort of NP (w/kg)  for the duration does it require to achieve this?

4 hours ago, NickGM said:

I rode in 1F and after the first half hour we were joined by a chap from 6C. He must have had great legs yesterday!

Now why were the guys in 1F nasty with the aunty on the dik wiel fiets ..... 😋

I saw quite a few ebikers pass me who did not have the orange ebike sticker on their bibs. So a number of them won't even be picked up by the organisers. 

Also, what does the penalty of a DQ really mean? You will get your medal before the DQ is implemented. It's not as if you get yanked out of the race. You will get your Discovery refund for finishing; (and even if you don't, what is R400 when you can afford an ebike?). 

9 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

The guy in 6th place is one of the owners of a prominent bike shop in the CBD recently accused of arrogance! hahahahaha

The irony

(E bikers under allotted time... the quote never quoted)

Guess it was all for nought...results have been updated and no-one under 3h50 is listed🤣

We should be patient and wait for the "Deactivated" list to be populated?:ph34r:

Edited by capediver

7 minutes ago, Cheabb78 said:

Question to those around the 3hr mark, what sort of NP (w/kg)  for the duration does it require to achieve this?

I weigh 95kg and did 3h6. 

• Av Power: 224w
  • NP: 268w

From the start to the top of Edinburgh drive I averaged 280w  and 325w NP in order to keep up with the bunch.

Edited by Ncayi

4 hours ago, FootballingCyclist said:

I was on Suikerbossie, saw a gentleman with a 1A seeding number on a road E-Bike flying up, Not sure if it's the same guy who is on the list with a 3:15 but a possibility indeed as my mates who finished in 3:15 or so were just ahead.

EDIT - meant to qoute @Shebeen

Race organisers asked that riders report any ebikes starting before 3A.

Forget their race time for a moment.  The organisers are trying to stop these riders towing others to better positions.

Kindly do report these individuals.  Rather this, than all ebikers be subjected to even more rules because of a handful of "individuals" ....

Edited by ChrisF

1 minute ago, Ncayi said:

I weigh 95kg and did 3h6. 

• Av Power: 224w
  • NP: 268w

From the start to the top of Edinburgh drive averaged 280w. 

Thanks, had to get my calculator out, and it confirmed I've got a bit of work to do if I was going to get close 😊

Wrapped up my 21st Argus/CTCT with a time of 3:18:31 on a tandem with a very good mate who wrapped up his 36 Tour. We had a great day out despite the wind and I think we did alright for 2 okes who lent a tandem from a mate to try something different for a change ☺️

Only thing I'm struggling with today is a sore butt from not being able to stand on the bike without falling off 🤪

Missed one big fall going through Ocean View by a few millimeters after someone collected one of those chevron boards and took some riders down with him.

The rest of the ride was pretty incident free and enjoyable 🤙

2 minutes ago, Cheabb78 said:

Thanks, had to get my calculator out, and it confirmed I've got a bit of work to do if I was going to get close 😊

Its doable. This was my 3rd one. The first one was 4h15, second one was 3h33. All the best.