Cape Town Cycle Tour 2024

pdasilva

6 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

Same way I remember it, but wondering if there's any insight into why the first celebration was 21? Linked to the custom of celebrating 21st birthdays perhaps?

They were going to do 20, but didn't like the original design of the shirt. It needed to be iconic, and timeless.

So they commissioned Jenni Button to design it, and it took much longer so the extra year.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

They were going to do 20, but didn't like the original design of the shirt. It needed to be iconic, and timeless.

So they commissioned Jenni Button to design it, and it took much longer so the extra year.

That's a name I haven't heard for a long time.........the younsters will have to Google.......and I'm not so sure Google will know🤪

Hi all. I’m looking for the photos taken up chappies climb by the gentlemen in the photo I captured via my GoPro. 

GPTempDownload.jpeg.aa6c92c5fc7100abf38253b49bb89a84.jpeg

He doesn’t look like an action photos SA photographer. (Normally in high visibility vest) 

The stepping into the road during a climb doesn’t bother me🤣 just want to see what photo he captured so I could post it in social media. 😝

IG: Jm_Rides_Bikes 

On 3/15/2024 at 12:15 PM, Steven421 said:

Following this thread....

The 947 2024 would've been my first proper "long distance" road race. But I am now reconsidering due to the safety of riders aspect. Me and my wife ride together, and obviously she cannot keep up with me after the first 30-40km of a hard-ride. When we do group rides on weekends I need not to worry about her, because I know she will be in a group and not left alone. But, when it is only me and her doing a long ride, I tend to hold back a lot after the first 30-40km to ensure that we either ride together. I then end up doing a Zone1&2 ride that started out as high intensity. Her day remains productive, and mine becomes a recovery ride.

Just because of this safety concern, I will never be able to focus on my own ride & effort.

What do you fine people suggest we do.

1) Don't worry, and just ride 94.7
2) Move our focus to CTCT 2025 and train towards this event.

PS we also have a Suikerbos(sie), this side of the border which I enjoy riding, but the wife hates it. 

Sincerely - I would never ride with a lady - way to much risk as the start when you drive in hundreds of vagrants “trying to park your car “”, when you park and some parts of the route - not worth it as we seen when something goes wrong the lumps of poo 💩 do nothing , are not trained and don’t care !!!!!!!!!!  Never risk this ride for your safety.