Cannondale debut new Scalpel

News bot

The Cannondale Scalpel has been a staple on cross country and marathon podiums since 2002. Today Cannondale launch an all-new design. Featuring improved suspension kinematics and more aggressive and capable geometry, which has already been race proven by Candice Lill & Mona Mitterwallner at Cape Epic, we expect to see plenty on the trails. Check out the full press release below: Scalpel has always been out front Ever since the first one proved that dual suspension could be faster than hardtails way back in 2002, Scalpels have always led the way. Moving XC forward. Defining what cross-country will be, not […]

View full article

52 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Do they make one without the lefty ? 😜

According to my sources the Scalpel 2 comes with a Sid Select + (120mm) (aka not a Lefty) and will be available countrywide from Thursday 😊

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

Do they make one without the lefty ? 😜

Phillistine, ….It will be available with Sid Select + , SiD Select or Lefty 120 (which is only available in a carbon chassis)

FA equipped +R250k bikes only later in the year. There’s a lefty reason for that 

Edited by DieselnDust

8 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Phillistine, ….It will be available with Sid Select + , SiD Select or Lefty 120 (which is only available in a carbon chassis)

FA equipped +R250k bikes only later in the year. There’s a lefty reason for that 

Scalpel 2 Lefty will be coming, just a bit delayed. Will have a Lefty alloy 120 on it stock. 

The Scalpel 2 in stock can be upgraded with a Lefty 120 carbon fork at a price tag. 

7 minutes ago, BikeisLife said:

Scalpel 2 Lefty will be coming, just a bit delayed. Will have a Lefty alloy 120 on it stock. 

The Scalpel 2 in stock can be upgraded with a Lefty 120 carbon fork at a price tag. 

Ah I was not aware that the alloy ocho 120 was ready for release yet hence only in carbon for now. Back end of 2024 for the alloy is the info I have 

Edited by DieselnDust

2 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Ah I was let aware that the alloy ocho 120 was ready for release yet hence only in carbon for now. Back end of 2024 for the alloy is the info I have 

Spec here. Lefty Alloy 120 won't be available A/M. 

36 minutes ago, BikeisLife said:

Spec here. Lefty Alloy 120 won't be available A/M. 

Sorry I think we’re saying the same thing. Alloy is only available later this year so if you want lefty it’s the carbon for now

HTA from a 2011 Enduro bike. Took them 13 years.

* which is not to say I don't like the new bike. I think the geo and features like a dropper seatpost are great. 

Edited by Headshot

17 hours ago, vanniri said:

What a load of marketing gibberish. Was most appropriate to find a Defender advertisement at the end of the story.

Well that’s the only crowd that can afford it!!