Temu for cycling goods

17 minutes ago, JohanDiv said:

Apart from my underwear, I'm sitting at work fully dressed in Temu clothing and shoes haha.

I ordered 4 pairs of shoes, of which one pair is a bit weird, the rest look all good and sizes true.

3x Shorts are bigger than expected, I'd order a size down next time.

2x shorts fits perfect.

3x shirts all fit nicely.

Also ordered a bunch of LED lights for the kitchen that looks good.

Toys and balls for the dogs, all good quality, similar or maybe even better than what you'd get at the local vet.

Wahoo replacement HR strap.

All received in different orders within two weeks.

Still waiting for my winter gloves with the finger tips that can fold back to work your phone or fiddle in the back pockets for snacks on the long rides. 

What duties did you get hit on the clothes? I only did bicycle parts as I know those are duty free.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Nakoota said:

What duties did you get hit on the clothes? I only did bicycle parts as I know those are duty free.

On the biggest order I paid R1831 on Temu, and then duties to Buffalo was R528.

That specific order was 3 pair of shoes, 3x socks, 5x shorts, 2x bouncing balls for the dogs, and 6x LED lights.

Just got delivery of my Shimano 5600 bracket covers ( not available here)  and an Eroica cycling cap, for fun. Total cost delivered was about R365. The covers say Shimano and appear to be good quality and the correct fit for the levers I have.

Gave it a try...

Order arrived today, after ordering on the 9th.

Only cycling related item were some gloves... I'm usually a large, so order XL - they're an odd fit. Fingers fit snuggly but the thumbs are quite large? And the left thumb is slightly larger than right... But for R200, I wasn't expecting too much... I'd probably rather spend the extra next time and buy one of the brands I've had previously where I know the size or from a store that I can try on...

The rest of items look and work great - Got a wireless speaker, MX socks and googles, USB cable etc...

got notification from buffalo to pay duties on my order. Doesnt tell me which item has attracted the duties though.

R65 duties on a R300 order.

3 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

got notification from buffalo to pay duties on my order. Doesnt tell me which item has attracted the duties though.

R65 duties on a R300 order.

Sounds about right, that would include 15% VAT on the order amount plus a handling fee from SARS.

Edited by Smartie

So it looks like you can add 20-25% to your Bill to get the total costs to your door... you have to know your prices as more often they will be same price here.

3 minutes ago, Jensie said:

So it looks like you can add 20-25% to your Bill to get the total costs to your door... you have to know your prices as more often they will be same price here.

Yep. I think I'll only use it for stuff I cant find here easily or at all. Its good to know they deliver and so far the quality seems reasonable.

On 4/24/2024 at 12:39 PM, Headshot said:

Just got delivery of my Shimano 5600 bracket covers ( not available here)  and an Eroica cycling cap, for fun. Total cost delivered was about R365. The covers say Shimano and appear to be good quality and the correct fit for the levers I have.

I can confirm that the brake hoods are good quality and fitted the levers perfectly. They also survived my blunt force fitment procedure without tearing.