[Event] Bwell Around the Pot, presented by SEESA

Abby.F

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/26/2024 at 11:29 AM, Mook said:

Like @Mamil noted ...................................... "Funny how there's always an ou something on these rides... Ouberg... Ouplaas... Ou man.... "

Add Grootvader to your list 😅

Chauvinist dogs ......................... 

I felt like calling the Grootvader quite a few times in the final 30kms! That wind and hills combo made me feel like ou bene. 

36 minutes ago, JohanDiv said:

I felt like calling the Grootvader quite a few times in the final 30kms! That wind and hills combo made me feel like ou bene. 

This, was waiting for some divine intervention to quiet that wind. Route was also tough, those constant rollers and 2600m climbing.

Waterpoints etc were good, if it wasnt for the wind the experience would have been good.

As mentioned the wind over the last 40km was brutal on shattered legs on the 200 miler.

Only a few mud patches.

Very cold overnight. Down to 2 degrees with a little bit of windchill making it feel colder.

Well run event. Good refreshment stations. Lots of patrolling event crew also.

Loads of cameras. Not many brides have their photos snapped as often. 

Spent a good few hours redecorating the dark place.

I'll do the 100 miler next time. Rolling hills not a mamils natural habitat. Some of those rollers could pass for mountains. Quite a few of them at 11 and 12 percent for longer than you'd like.

Only 34 entries for the 200. They treated us like royalty at the control point so I think they want to grow it.

3 hours ago, Mamil said:

Not many brides have their photos snapped as often…

Spent a good few hours redecorating the dark place…

Rolling hills not a Mamils natural habitat…

You - really - have a way with words, these gave me a GOOD chuckle; well done on the ride, and keep up the excellent writing!

Edited by Zebra
Capital ‘M’ is impotant!

Congrats to everyone that rode. Well done. The Overberg can get chilly this time of year and the wind was pumping here in Hermanus. I was there last year prepared and ready to go for the 200 miler and since then the training motivation just hasn’t been there. ……. Maybe next year.

I did the 200 miler for the first time in over 18hrs. It was a beast of a route. The night sky was magical with the moon rising in the background, riding at night alone is unreal. We were mostly spaced out and lights could be seen far into the distance. The race was really well organized with plenty of food at all the water points. It was a tough race dealing with the cold at night (my feet are still frozen🥶). The roads dried up well and they were mostly smooth. Im glad to have been part of it. Wow what an experience. Well done to everyone who took part finished or even gave it their best shot the wind didnt make it easy but overall it was worth every km. 

Edited by Jackb

4 hours ago, Jackb said:

I did the 200 miler for the first time in over 18hrs. It was a beast of a route. 

Congrats! The headwind in the last 40km was proper. Good thing that the roads were dry and rolling pretty fast.

I really hope the numbers for all distances bounce back because this is a superbly organized event. Very safe routes, well marshaled, excellent aid stations. 

3 minutes ago, SSCC said:

Congrats! The headwind in the last 40km was proper. Good thing that the roads were dry and rolling pretty fast.

I really hope the numbers for all distances bounce back because this is a superbly organized event. Very safe routes, well marshaled, excellent aid stations. 

Maybe move it to September when the weather is better?

4 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Maybe move it to September when the weather is better?

There is not a huge difference in rainfall data between July and Sept in Swellendam. July gets a little more than Sept but on average has slightly less rain days.