Bluetooth headphones

WaynejG

What is a alright but budget friendly option. Not to be used outdoors. Will be used when on the indoor trainer and home gym.

If using indoor trainer , I guess you’ll be using a fan, therefore best to get something with decent noise canceling,

Earphones will be just like HRMs, saddles etc. You'll get a million opinions, and people can be fiercely brand loyal. 

How much are you looking to spend.

I recently went down this road, and did loads of research, ending up with the Sony WF-C500, and I am super happy with them. Battery life, signal, sound quality and fit all great.

10 minutes ago, RossTopher said:

Earphones will be just like HRMs, saddles etc. You'll get a million opinions, and people can be fiercely brand loyal. 

How much are you looking to spend.

I recently went down this road, and did loads of research, ending up with the Sony WF-C500, and I am super happy with them. Battery life, signal, sound quality and fit all great.

I would say between R800 to R1000

I've tested multiple options from jbl, volcano, Huawei etc in the R500-R750 range. They lasted less than 10 sessions before I had charging or connection issues. Returned them all and luckily got full refunds. 

Currently using Adidas ZNE wireless which seems to be holding up a lot better but they are more expensive.

Hoe sê die ou mense? Goedkoop koop is duur koop...

20 minutes ago, WaynejG said:

Bang in range. I just checked, and they are around 1000 from most places, 800 on bidorbuy. 

Ive had mine for just over a year, dropped the case a few times, and dropped an earphone in coffee, and no issues. 

Highly recommend

34 minutes ago, WaynejG said:

Websites like cnet, theverge, whathifi and techradar are your friends. They have group tests, loads of reviews and recommendations in various price ranges. 

I normally BLAST music when Zwifting, but on the odd occasion where I’ll do a 4 or 5am session and I’m not in the mood to have divorce proceedings instituted against me, I use these https://www.takealot.com/jabra-elite-4-active-true-wireless-in-ear-active-noise-cancellin/PLID73897192?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw26KxBhBDEiwAu6KXt0jj4myDj2CqwRd6rKxOiP8qVakMHPgcqLzDDw-lYihxtY2DyO5uoxoCSFMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds (they can be found cheaper). 

They really do pack a punch. They also review quite favourably. 

A bit more expensive, but I have been using Shokz bone conduction earphones for a year or so now. Lots of running, lots of IDT and even more DIY around the farm and they have never missed a beat.

Expensive but ya they are solid and it is nice to be able to hear what is going on and have music

https://www.takealot.com/jlab-go-air-sport-true-wireless-earbuds-black/PLID90433145?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw26KxBhBDEiwAu6KXt_vlIZ0vXKUq3ZCyfs2EbQeNaJivL_a4-8M-X5e3jRHKIqws-hL2_hoC6jkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Only pair that so far held out with me sweating buckets. Upgrading to the shokz Openrun Pro just to have the ability to have the outside noise and being able to communicate on gravel races. 

Have a look at the Red-E Aura air conducting wireless earphones. Similar looking to the Shockz. Price is around R600/R700.

Only got mine a few weeks ago, but so far so good.

56 minutes ago, no calves said:

https://www.takealot.com/jlab-go-air-sport-true-wireless-earbuds-black/PLID90433145?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw26KxBhBDEiwAu6KXt_vlIZ0vXKUq3ZCyfs2EbQeNaJivL_a4-8M-X5e3jRHKIqws-hL2_hoC6jkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Only pair that so far held out with me sweating buckets. Upgrading to the shokz Openrun Pro just to have the ability to have the outside noise and being able to communicate on gravel races. 

I'm looking at this pair right now in vat-baie. I've owned multiple pairs of the sister product, the JLab Go Air Pop, and they just would not stay in my ears, even if the riding/running I didn't wasn't vigorous (I've lost multiple buds), so I need to revert to the hook type. Going to purchase these and give them a whirl. 

26 minutes ago, Ruben Hechter said:

Have a look at the Red-E Aura air conducting wireless earphones. Similar looking to the Shockz. Price is around R600/R700.

Where did you buy it from? 

41 minutes ago, Ruben Hechter said:

Had mine for about 4 months. No issues with them so far. Happy. Bought mine at Sportsman's Warehouse.

At the price point you really are spoilt for choice.

I've got a pair of cheap as chips Volkano ones that I picked up from Clicks for R399. The sounds is average at best but they do the job. I use them for teams meeting etc

https://www.takealot.com/volkano-pisces-series-2-0-true-wireless-earphones/PLID94933910?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw26KxBhBDEiwAu6KXt31vt6SRQ5VSe9EiMCBS8VHzs3GGv3BtGhw3jHtYzVWMarm3eIuKchoC6H4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

My wife has a pair of Jabra Elite 4 which she has on all day long in meetings all of the time. She also uses them on the trainer. The Elite 2's are in your price range. The thing that's nice about them is they come with different sizes of the little rubbers so you can customize the fit.

https://www.takealot.com/jabra-elite-2-true-wireless-in-ear-earbuds-with-mic/PLID73020655?colour_variant=Navy

Edited by Duane_Bosch

42 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Where did you buy it from? 

Any bikeshop who deals with Omnico can order one for you