Has anyone tried the NEW Castrol Magnatec for Rockshox lowers service?

For years, people have recommended Castrol Magnatec as a good alternative for the lubricant for RS lowers.

I've just realised that Castrol Magnatec has a new label and supposedly has some fancy new formulation or something.

Has anyone been brave enough to use the new Magnatec? I'm worried that there might be some dodgy additives in the oil

Or what other oils do you guys think is safe for RS lowers?

Just now, Me rida my bicycle said:

As far as I know engine oil and fork oil are 2 very different things. The experts can give better info but I would not try it. 

This is just for the lowers, not the damper. You use fork oil in the damper. The lowers just needs a lubricant for the dust wiper

Just now, Craig Armstrong said:

This is just for the lowers, not the damper. You use fork oil in the damper. The lowers just needs a lubricant for the dust wiper

I'm pretty sure it's a no but ask someone like @droo 

Engine oil is fine as lubricant for the lower legs. Magnatec still uses the same seal swell control m additive they have for over 15years

Following. Been using Magnatec for my lowers services for years.

Hope nothing major has changed, but @DieselnDust is the oil guy and would know if there were red flags

12 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Engine oil is fine as lubricant for the lower legs. Magnatec still uses the same seal swell control m additive they have for over 15years

Can you for the sake of clarity and imparting some of your knowledge….also post which exact engine oil products/weights work for lower leg services ? Saying Magnatec works is like saying water is good for cleaning.😅 

Edited by MORNE

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

Can you for the sake of clarity and imparting some of your knowledge….also post which exact engine oil products/weights work for lower leg services ? Saying Magnatec works is like saying water is good for cleaning.😅 

Most multi grade engine oils in the 5W - 30 or 5W - 40 range works . The lowers aren’t as sensitive to the what-oil question as some think. Engine oils are really quite resilient and handle water better than hydraulic oils that are often only used in closed systems. 
why they don’t work in dampers is the high percentage of viscosity index improvers that will affect the performance of the oil through the dampers valve. 
Diesel passenger car motor oil is especially good in the forks lowers due to higher percentage of extreme pressure additives that makes these oils a little more slick. Not a heavy duty engine oil but a DPCMO like delo400