Cederberg circuit in winter

On 9/24/2024 at 11:20 AM, capediver said:

Yet more discoveries...

Algeria camping closed for 2 years! Had some correspondence about plans with Cape Nature and never mentioned this until now! So onto the next possibility

Driehoek Farm....3 days of calls, no answer, no replies on emails...anyone have any inside info, is this place still open? 

They have closed down as far as I know. If you looking for info there is a new guy working at Oasis who is full of updated knowledge on the area. Contact them.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

Anyone been Algeria area recently ? Last time I rode there the roads were super corrugated and it was a rough ride on the crux. Wonder how it's going to be now for Ceder

above uitkyk or below?

Above was fine about a month ago.

4 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

above uitkyk or below?

Above was fine about a month ago.

ahah both, last year below uitkyk was really bad, both sides of the valley, didn't ride above the pass

3 hours ago, Lynskey said:

They have closed down as far as I know. If you looking for info there is a new guy working at Oasis who is full of updated knowledge on the area. Contact them.

Yes, that's Gabriel...roads are all good for now, some rain expected Saturday but nothing too bad hopefully!

The 2 crossings over the Matjies River just N of Oasis can get a bit dodgy if there's more rain so I'm going south via Krom Rivier just to be safe...

On 9/24/2024 at 11:20 AM, capediver said:

Yet more discoveries...

Algeria camping closed for 2 years! Had some correspondence about plans with Cape Nature and never mentioned this until now! So onto the next possibility

Driehoek Farm....3 days of calls, no answer, no replies on emails...anyone have any inside info, is this place still open? 

Yes still open, going there for new years! 

Probably busy planting ceders