XX1 Gold vs KMC Chain

love2fly

Howdy

For a Sram Eagle GX drivetrain: I've done 12000km on an XX1 gold chain and not yet at 0,5. 

A new chain (for my son's bike) is R2200.

My question is: Is there an equivalent chain under KMC or is KMC a "value" brand that's cheaper but needs to be replaced every, say, 2000km like the GX chain?

Thanks

cant comment on how they compare, but based on my experience you should probably get much more the 2000km out of the KMC.

KMC X11 on my road bike is currently sitting at just over 14 000km and only showing signs of wear when measured over the quicklink.

No special treatment, a dry wipe and relube with squirt once a week (+/- 200km)

I change my KMC chains at .25 and that's at about 2 000 km (possibly a bit less considering my crux is at 7000km and I think I'm on my 3rd or 4th chain). So say if you want to take them to 50% and you don't do torque intervals or a lot of hard riding on it, you should be able to get 5 000km out of a r1k chain

Edited by Jbr

I’ve used a kmc x12 and a Taya 12 speed as alternatives for experience. 
the kmc is about as good as a GX chain. 2000km is about what you’ll get out of it .

taya is rubbish, 600km ish.

xx1,…..each one I’ve used has gone well past 6000km of off road riding. Well worth the premium over other chains

1 hour ago, The Ouzo said:

cant comment on how they compare, but based on my experience you should probably get much more the 2000km out of the KMC.

KMC X11 on my road bike is currently sitting at just over 14 000km and only showing signs of wear when measured over the quicklink.

No special treatment, a dry wipe and relube with squirt once a week (+/- 200km)

change the quicklink and you'll have a new chain

18 hours ago, Furbz said:

change the quicklink and you'll have a new chain

Strangely enough Ive temporarily fitted a previous XX1 chain which is at 0.5 but the new Powerlink seems quite stiff and reluctant to bend? Will it sort itself?