First Look: Titan Racing Valerian Carbon Pro

News bot

The Titan Racing Valerian launched back in 2022, and we had the Valerian Carbon Empire in for review shortly thereafter. With the launch of the MY26 range from Titan Racing we jumped at the chance for a long term test of the Valerian Carbon Pro. Titan Racing are well-known for offering exceptional bang for buck, and the Valerian Carbon Pro is no exception. It sports a carbon frame, seatpost, and wheels, as well as internal cable routing, and finished with with Shimano 105 Di2 12-speed. At an MSRP of R66,000, it ticks all the boxes for someone looking for a […]

View full article

12 minutes ago, SSCC said:

Is that a typo - max tyre clearance 28mm? 

Officially yes, but we've had success with 30mm's as well. It's difficult to put down a number as tires unfortunately vary in width from manufacturer to manufacturer. 

9 minutes ago, peepeekaitjie said:

Not to nitpick but that lock nut on the rear wheel upsets me deeply. I saw that and couldn't read any further.

Rain bucketing down during the shoot led to that rookie mistake. 🤦‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Titan Racing Bikes said:

Officially yes, but we've had success with 30mm's as well. It's difficult to put down a number as tires unfortunately vary in width from manufacturer to manufacturer. 

This must be an open mold frame right? No bike company is designing its own disc brake bikes in 2024 with max 28mm tyre clearance. 

13 minutes ago, SSCC said:

This must be an open mold frame right? No bike company is designing its own disc brake bikes in 2024 with max 28mm tyre clearance. 

This is our own design and mold that was launched in 2022 (original release here).

How is a ride report released when the bike has no pedals.....jirre mense......details,... detales,.... de tails

This isn't a gravel bike and for any tar road locally, a 28C tire is more than sufficient (well for the WC at least). In our bunch ride in the evening's, I've yet to spot anyone on anything above a 28C tire.

GCN's latest video, where Ollie tests cheap/expensive tires on an indoor simulator, is rather interesting, give it a watch.

Edited by BuffsVintageBikes
Spell

10 minutes ago, peetwindhoek said:

image.png.8de159027fd98c271c4f7daae5fe4945.png

Not to rain on the parade…

Here is the link to Dylan’s post: https://www.instagram.com/p/C_a8BmvOvWG/

This is why I won’t throw my 27.5 Rs-1 away. It’s going into a gravel build when I can find a suitable frame. I reckon a lighter version of a super calibre with an 80mm fork is the way of gravel. 
before i can repurpose my old 26mtb I need to get the wife a new one 😎

1 minute ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

This isn't a gravel bike and for any tar road locally a 28C tire is more than sufficient (well for the WC at least). In our bunch ride in the evening's, I've yet to spot anyone on anything about a 28C tire.

GCN latest video, where Ollie tests cheap/expensive tires on an indoor simulator, is rather interesting, give it a watch.

For road racing 28mm is more than enough.

2 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

This isn't a gravel bike and for any tar road locally a 28C tire is more than sufficient (well for the WC at least). In our bunch ride in the evening's, I've yet to spot anyone on anything about a 28C tire.

GCN latest video, where Ollie tests cheap/expensive tires on an indoor simulator, is rather interesting, give it a watch.

Yikes, my bad. Sorry Titan