Why don't any women

Nancy Drew

This is what I would like to ride with?????

20080724_011903_22413899.jpg

TNT1 HR please help me in posting some equally TASTEFUL PICS WinkWinkWinkWink

sammajoor2008-07-24 01:21:25

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nancy Drew

The tour was always around 14 stages. Till couple years back the organisers got stuck with one another. Since then the one kept the tour but mostly its 9 or 10 stages. Then the other bloke got its own smaller tour of 4 to 5 stages somewhere else in france....something extra about it. There is somewhere an article about all this, but i can't remember where. Sorry!

It's the same with most sports.

At the sharp end of the sport, female athletes cannot keep up with their male counterparts.

This is not a sexist comment, it is a physiological reality. Women do not have the physical strength to compete on equal ground - and it's nothing to be ashamed about, so I don't know why many people get defensive about it.

Lean muscular mass, heart size, lung size - these all have a considerable effect on athletic performance, and in general, these will be greater in male athletes.

With regards to the Tour de France - I think there are probably some women who could stay in the peleton

Andrew Coggan has power profiles of world class male and female cyclist.

Female atheletes at the top end of the sport have power profiles similar to that of male domestic professional athletes.

http://www.cyclingpeakssoftware.com/images/powerprofile_v4.gif

Compete in the TDF?

Confused

I've tried to research this myself... but wikipedia wasn't that helpful!

Because they claim to be the more intelegence sex, thus they ynderstand that riding your bike for three weeks day in and day out is most probaly not the most intelegent thing to do LOLLOL

20080724_011903_22413899.jpg

And somewhere out there there is some oak tired of riding this

And somewhere out there there is some oak tired of riding this

don't agree, you don't always have to get a new bike, just change the routes your riding Wink

don't agree' date=' you don't always have to get a new bike, just change the routes your riding Wink
[/quote']

I like the way you think!

Regular TLC, a few new accessories every now and then - maybe some bling, a good bath, and maybe a look at weight reduction every now and then, and you can really get lots out of your 'bike' WinkLOL

don't agree' date=' you don't always have to get a new bike, just change the routes your riding Wink
[/quote']

I like the way you think!

Regular TLC, a few new accessories every now and then - maybe some bling, a good bath, and maybe a look at weight reduction every now and then, and you can really get lots out of your 'bike' WinkLOL

Wow, you really love you bike, maybe i should post the camping pick ? LOL

It's the same with most sports.
At the sharp end of the sport' date=' female athletes cannot keep up with their male counterparts.
This is not a sexist comment, it is a physiological reality. Women do not have the physical strength to compete on equal ground - and it's nothing to be ashamed about, so I don't know why many people get defensive about it.
Lean muscular mass, heart size, lung size - these all have a considerable effect on athletic performance, and in general, these will be greater in male athletes.
With regards to the Tour de France - I think there are probably some women who could stay in the peleton
Andrew Coggan has power profiles of world class male and female cyclist.
Female atheletes at the top end of the sport have power profiles similar to that of male domestic professional athletes.

http://www.cyclingpeakssoftware.com/images/powerprofile_v4.gif
[/quote']

My 2c - all taken from my brain so apologies to the biology students if I get some things wrong!

Sadly (for women) it all comes down to testosterone - men have loads of it - women very little (compared to men). It allows us to build muscle bigger, faster and recover better.

This muscle adds weight of course but the power generated by said muscle easily outdoes the negative of having to carry the additional weight around.

Cycling is one of the sports where the gap between men and women is most severe - mainly because it is not a weight bearing sport (like running, tennis, soccer etc). On flats the only factors are resistance (mainly wind) and power - men easily out do women in this area, less so in the hills because men have to carry the additional weight.

The sport where women are predicted to beat men first is ultra distance swimming. Woman are more bouyant per kg of body mass than men (muscle is heavy) and the have greater mental fortitude under extreme duress (like giving birth).

The gap between men and women is decreasing though - I reckon a few factors are at play:

1) The mental aspect - 30 years ago it was unheard of for women to play sport at any level other than social. Equality was bred more competitive women.

2) Chemicals - women can have as much testosterone as they want - illegal in sport of course!

3) Faclities - not that recent of course but gym, golf courses etc are now catering to women as well (or in some cases woman only) so women have the facilities to train correctly.

4) Clothing/Equipment - there has been an expolosion of "women specific" cycling clothing, bikes, accessories etc.

OK maybe that was 4c....

Guest Big H

but when it comes to battle of wits' date=' sexual prowess and pretty much everything else, females will always win Big%20smile
[/quote']

mmm N.D unless he looks like this, we won't even talk about the 6pack now will weWink

20080723_133715_44.jpg

moffie...... a cyclist needs a boep to be streamlined!!!!!!!!

yecccch!!!!!!! daar is seker niks meer grillerig in hierdie wereld as 'n ou tannie wat oor jong laaities in onnerboeke perv nie....... yeccccchhhh!!!!!!!!!
Big H2008-07-24 04:35:11

but when it comes to battle of wits' date=' sexual prowess and pretty much everything else, females will always win Big%20smile
[/quote']

mmm N.D unless he looks like this, we won't even talk about the 6pack now will weWink

20080723_133715_44.jpg

moffie...... a cyclist needs a boep to be streamlined!!!!!!!!

yecccch!!!!!!! daar is seker niks meer grillerig in hierdie wereld as 'n ou tannie wat oor jong laaities in onnerboeke perv nie....... yeccccchhhh!!!!!!!!!

H die probleem is die tannies wil nie net kyk nieEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Lyk vir my na so 'n regte buknet mannetjie.......... buknet dan sien jy wat maak ekWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink

sammajoor2008-07-24 04:51:47

[quote=Eldron

1) The mental aspect - 30 years ago it was unheard of for women to play sport at any level other than social. Equality was bred more competitive women.

OK maybe that was 1c....

women have been competing in sports at an olympic level since the start of the 1900's

Hi' date='

I don't think females are allowed to ride in the Tour De France as male athletes are far superior.

[/quote']

to what?!?

bloody sexist if you ask me... I think they're scared the girls will beat them Wink

so I read this post and think Nancy means why don't they have their own tour, which they do.... then I realize she means why don't they ride the same tour!!!Confused  

and then poor Greg gets assaulted for speaking the truth.... 

interesting...  LOL

I think Bruce said somewhere that the Top Ladies in the world and our top Vet men have a very similar power profile. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Now our Top Vets would probably struggle to survive the first week never mind the mountain stages!

That alone tells you it would be impossible for them to ride at that level.

and then poor Greg gets assaulted for speaking the truth.... 

interesting...  LOL

You can get assaulted for a lot less on this forumWink