Nice Picture... No Credit!!!

Cruxpearl

Really didn't think of it as STEALING Steve. Confused I was just a bit lazy to download the photos our manager took at prize giving and I probably should have known better.. won't happen again

You've hit the nail on the head, most people don't think of it as theft, and I don't really mind my images being used by competitors on websites, but it is the print media which causes all the problems.

...............now if I could only figure out how to post pics on this site........

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually do not have a problem with them using my photo/s at all' date='

It's actually quite flattering that one's pictures are deemed good enough to be used for race reports...

It's just that it would be nice to be recognised for the effort... Embarrassed
[/quote'] I ditto that, I hace seen some of my pics in cycling mags, on websites (one particular site was +- 80 % decorated with pics that I had of this person taken over 3 years at club events), in CV's and more with at times zero recognition. I dont mind people using my pics, dont mind if I dont get the 2 secs of glory (would be nice), but please ask before publishing.  

Guys / Girls ... Chrissie said she forward the pics to Supercycling .. surely then the editor did not know it was Crux material or from the hub. Chrissie has apologise for the error she made ... why still the fuss??? After all Crux also said the recognition is more important than the redistribution of his photographic material. Give Chrissie a break ... (have a kit kat Chrissie!!)

Actually the editor should always ask. I know Adele from Ride always asks for every article.

Anything published on this site or any other belongs to the publisher. There is definitely copyright on photos posted here ~ whether that copyright vests with Crux or Admin when lifted from this site is slightly more complex but the forum rules dictate that copyright remains with the poster (also protects Admin to a degree).

I posted a pic.........can anyone see it and it is a copyright free image so anyone may use it!!

Guys / Girls ... Chrissie said she forward the pics to Supercycling .. surely then the editor did not know it was Crux material or from the hub. Chrissie has apologise for the error she made ... why still the fuss??? After all Crux also said the recognition is more important than the redistribution of his photographic material. Give Chrissie a break ... (have a kit kat Chrissie!!)

I agree, guys/girls are like a pack of dogs moving in for the kill, enough already.

My final point on the matter.

Imagine I am a sponsored professional rider, meaning that various sponsors pay me money to cycle competitively and that is all I do.

To keep my sponsors happy, I need to give them some return on their investments otherwise they will be reluctant to renew the contract at the end of the season.

To keep my name in lights (and make said sponsor happy), I happily 'borrow' pics off a website to use on other sites etc. At the end of the season happy sponsor renews deal worth R100k............photographer remains poor.

That is what is happening out there.

I actually do not have a problem with them using my photo/s at all' date='

It's actually quite flattering that one's pictures are deemed good enough to be used for race reports...

It's just that it would be nice to be recognised for the effort... Embarrassed
[/quote']

Crux...we all know what you are doing for cyclingClapClapClap - keep up the good work! Your photos are by far the best i've seen. Next time...Smile

To make up for the mistake I see they gave Jaco a 15 seconds of fame shot on the tandem on Supercycling last night.

"and this is Jaco Fereirra from team TCS".

Good stuff...

Guest Michelle

I wasn't referring specifically to this incident or Chrissies involvement.  It has come up before... just thought it would be better if they could come up with some sort of arrangement.

The TCS tandem is on Supercycling almost every week!! Thumbs%20Up  They were shown at the Cradle as well but didn't get a mention (even after beating the competition by 8 minutes!!)
Michelle2006-11-08 00:37:42

Michelle, are you thinking of doing tandem racing now? This way I'll see you every week on Supercycling!Tongue (Just a joke!! don't bite my head off now)

I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll.........

Sjoe mar julle mense kan darrem kwaad word! Almal involved kry hier volgens my LOTS of exposure:
1.  Crux die fotoman

2.  Die Harmony team

3.  Super Cycling

4.  Engela

Good/Bad enige publisity is beter as geen publisity (Ek weet ek spel tien teen een publisity verkeerd maar los my uit ek is disleksies)

Grapkas...daai "Engela"...dink ons aan dieselfde "erge"---bemarking van die verlepte rosie---van die rosestad???