Help ..Need to make a decision

gasant112

I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work. The difference between 9 and 10 speed is in the width of the chain and spacing of the cassette.

A 10 speed crank will work with a 9 speed everything else.

A compact crank needs a compact-specific front derailleur, AFAIK.

But Mampara's idea is a good one.

Although when I upgraded my last wife I did it piece by piece.  Oh, the joy when I received the last part in the mail and completed the assembly!

Rather save your crankset until u have the whole package.

If u run a old chain on the new blades then u most probably will cause damage to the new blades. Same consept goes with riding a old chain on new cassette

In that case rather wait, and make sure you get a proper compact front derrailleur. All you really still need then is, a cassette, STI's and rear derrailleur?

The Shimano compact is designed to work with it's existing front mech's (and as a user, I can tell you that it works flawlessly)

I am with Bikemonster.....

With the help of a few Hubbers and friends I built up a bike for over a year.......And as BM so rightly says......that last part in the mail was butterflies!!!!!!

a shimano 9 speed chain is compatible with a shimano 10speed chainring. Theyhave the thinnest chainrings anyway...

don't try this with Campag though....

Although when I upgraded my last wife I did it piece by piece.  Oh' date=' the joy when I received the last part in the mail and completed the assembly!

[/quote']

Ermmm... wife?!!! I've never been upgraded by mail, does it hurt?!!

Although when I upgraded my last wife I did it piece by piece.  Oh' date=' the joy when I received the last part in the mail and completed the assembly!

[/quote']

Ermmm... wife?!!! I've never been upgraded by mail, does it hurt?!!

Ermm I think you use some sort of sealant to glue the "pieces" together and then inflate the whole thing, I mean wife.  But don't quote me on this 'cause I have no experience re this kind of wifeConfused

Thank you MichH and MWdJ...for a while back there I was thinking that I might have been a bit subtle.  Not a likely prospect!

No pain was involved - I didn't feel a thing -  the tricky bit was distilling the phlogiston from bottled lightning.

It's.........ALIVE!!!!!!

Ermm I think you use some sort of sealant to glue the "pieces" together and then inflate the whole thing' date=' I mean wife.  But don't quote me on this 'cause I have no experience re this kind of wifeConfused
[/quote']

Don't wifes come over inflated already? LOL

Okay, I'll get my coat.