Disappointed in my LBS

slinger

Hi

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

It?s the first time I post here, and I was thinking if I need to, but I believe in openness, fairness and if this can help a fellow cyclist, than take the flack, but go on with life.

So, this is my shopping experience with Chris Willemse Cycles in Bellville in Oct 06:

1)      I bought a pair of egg beaters @ R710

2)      I bought a pair of Sidi Dominators @ R1250

3)      A couple of days later I went back and bought the Stans Sealand kit (+-R500)

4)      A week later I went and bought the mtb tubes (with the slime) and a pair of Michellin Pro light2 for my road bike. (R708)

Now, this is the trouble started.

You?ll see that they advertise  these tyres @ R300, but when I was to settle the bill, they charge me R350. I told the sales guy that its advertised @ R300 and he phone Chris Jnr, who decide to give it to me @ R300. I was also quoted for R45 per tube with the slime, but at the till was charged R54 each. I pay them the R54 each.

Question: Why was I charged R350 and R54? Accordingly to them the shop is divided in 2 (cwc cycles and a on-line shop, run by chris jnr). As a customer, what de hell, who cares?? I go on the website, saw the advertised prices, go to the shop and want to buy the item. I don?t need the nitty gritty of what part of the shop charge what.

I personally send them a mail, and Chris jnr respond by explaining the 2 diff. Shops. He also said the sales guy read the price wrong, and ?turn? the numbers around. A Human mistake. I was invited for a cup of coffee to discuss the issue, and I decline. I cannot accept the invitation because I believe the issue should have never being an issue.

So, another question arise: If I want to go and shop again at CWC, do I tell them I need an item from the ON-LINE shop or from the ?normal? CWC shop?

Than last week I went back and want MTB tyres, and personally spoke to Chris Snr. To buy continental Twister Pro?s and if you get it in UST. He did not have it in stock but would find out the next day and phone me back. He wrote it down in his book / flip file. He told me he?s going to call ?Peter? (dunno who it is)

As on today?He did not phone back. I?m sure Chris Snr will read this and apologize, but it?s to late.

Yes.. CWC do offer good prices, but I still believe their service is not good and therefore? I will go back to Willie Engelbrecht cycles, pays a bit more, but will never ever have customer support issues.

I?m not going to get into any arguments on what I wrote,?. It?s the truth,?.and whatever explanations is posted, it will not change my mind. (And please don?t offer me any freebie?s ? it make me feel cheap)

The physical building and online store is two different companies. But you can buy from the online store and pick up from the shop. That is as much as I know.

I?m not going to get into any arguments on what I wrote,?. It?s the truth,?.and whatever explanations is posted, it will not change my mind. (And please don?t offer me any freebie?s ? it make me feel cheap)

now why the hell do you post r complain on the hubb ?

You?ll see that they advertise  these tyres @ R300' date=' but when I was to settle the bill, they charge me R350. I told the sales guy that its advertised @ R300 and he phone Chris Jnr, who decide to give it to me @ R300. I was also quoted for R45 per tube with the slime, but at the till was charged R54 each. I pay them the R54 each.

[/quote']

If it was an advert it would not state: Request product.

At an online shop so you buy it online - not in the shop.

Welcome to the Virtual world.

I'm still waiting for a reply to m email, but chris jnr obviuolsy doesn't have his blackberry with him in China....

Walked in to CWC, print-out in hand of the Campy chain I wanted. Shop price was R495, web price R330. I paid R330 without a peep from them. Ended up spending money on new pedals and clothing etc there the day.

Chris Jnr and Snr does more for cycling in Western Cape than a lot of other shops...I'll keep supporting them!

Mud Slinger

You dont have much tolerance for human error, do you?

I have had fantastic service at CWC and very mediocre service at Willie's. But I still go to both to be sure that I get the best deal possible for me. Try and take the good with the bad. There is a lot more good than bad there...

Chris Jnr and Snr does more for cycling in Western Cape than a lot of other shops...I'll keep supporting them!

ClapClapClapClapClapClap

Can echo that.

Get a life.

Actually,you would do well to accept a freebie.Just specify if you want the online or store freebie.

I had the same experience at CWC ... i rather print the items from the web..and go there with the printed version....

If you can save a couple of bucks ..why not..Slinger..CWC Thumbs%20Up

Isn't the issue here that the purchase was made at the shop and not the on line store. From what I read above the items could have been ordered on line paid for and then collected from the shop.

Maybe CWC just needs to state on their web site that the prices advertised are only for online purchases and not in the shop.

Obviously the shop has much bigger overheads to cover than the on line store and therefore would charge more.

slinger you were not obliged to pay the higher prices, you could have walked out and gone back and ordered the items on line.

Lower prices on-line shocker.

still can't see the point he's moaning about.

On-line shop, lower over head, no staff to assist you make the choice = cheaper.

In house Shop, more expensive cos you have to talk to someone

wheres the surprise in that??Confused

Slinger ? It happens every where ? you get to the till and what is scanned is certainly not the price that is advertised or on the product?.according to the advertising law, what is advertised whether on not it?s on the website or in the shop is the price that you are suppose to pay?.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Slinger ? It happens every where ? you get to the till and what is scanned is certainly not the price that is advertised or on the product?.according to the advertising law' date=' what is advertised whether on not it?s on the website or in the shop is the price that you are suppose to pay?.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

[/quote']

Yes but CWC shop is not the same operation as CWC on line so prices advertised are not shop prices.

Yes but CWC shop is not the same operation as CWC on line so prices advertised are not shop prices.

But how do you know this? And how would a first time user know this?