Thanks Pick n Pay / 94.7

Jason

Normally everyone does the race then comes here to b*tch and moan about this or that, whether it's race tactics or commentary which is fine I guess but we never take the time to thank the people who organized the event and all the sponsors who help make the day such a success and give us cyclist the roads for a whole day!

Thanks to Tanya and all the sponsors for a well organized event... next time just get the weather right Wink.

I watched some live broadcast yesterday and Tanya said that the finish will change again next year Confused... I wonder where? Honestly I think Kyalami is a much better venue for the finish... but with Kyalami under new management what are the chance's of the race finishing there again next year. It's not like anyone can get on to the track on the day due to road closure so why don't you just give it to us cyclist for a day?

Clap

I am sure the track organisers will be more reasonable with their conditions towards using the track, hopefully both parties will co-operate because that extra 2kms really hurt and cost me a 3 hour LOL

Overall the race was good. I agree the race should move back to Kyalami. There were very few spectators yesterday compared to the previous years.

Thanks Tanya and Co!

oh the spectators, I was amazed at how MANY spectators there were along the route considering the wind and rain.

I agree, the organisation was amazing. Well done 94.7 and Pick 'n Pay for an excellently organised race, heck the road cops were even cheering us on whilst keeping us safe from crazies! I thought the hay bales across each road made the road closure much easier to police, and I was also amazed and thankful for the MANY supporters (my hubbie chose to run away to rock climb in the Magaliesberg instead!).

I believe from some of my dad's friends in motorsport that last year's use of Kyalami cost the organisers R800k. This year the new owners wanted R2 million!!!!

So they moved the venue and hopefully taught those guys that they are not the only venue in town (even if that extra hill killed a lot of us!!)

Maybe Kyalami will be broke soon (would not be the first time) and then the CycleChallange race organisers could take over the management on behalf of a new owner Wink

Overall the race was good. I agree the race should move back to Kyalami. There were very few spectators yesterday compared to the previous years.

Thanks Tanya and Co!

I think that might be weather related. I went to the stage area thkining there might be a place where you can buy food, nothing.....Angry People, after someone's done a race theyre hungry.

Cervelo, just behind the stage was the public food court. I bought 2 boerie rolls from Robbie Hunters dads food stall and chatted to Robbie who was helping out together with his stunning wife.

Yup thanks from me too, someone else we always forget is the roads department. They were out on Thursday trying to fill in as many potholes as possible, obviously they can't get them all and the manholes are still a problem.

I am sure that there are lots of others behind the scenes that we don't even think about.

Thanks to you all ClapClapClap

Will echo that, a great effort put in all round, i did not have any gripe getting parking, start was close by, PnP free breakfast buffet, marshalling and water points was excellent, saw metro and police officers giving a helping hand to those with bike problems even some business's like the garages jumped in and offered refreshments and provided toilet facilities. Then when i left it took me no longer that 15 min to get out of Megawatt park onto the highway home which is a darn sight quiker than last years 45 min just to get out of kyalami.

Thanks PnP/94.7.  The ride was GREAT fun.  And to the AA, maybe you should change your name to the CA as well!!