Oh my dearly loved Campy.....

_Daemon_

Why am I having lustful thoughts about SRAM Force...

Cannot decide to get Campy Chorus or SRAM force, always thought Campy is the way to go, but after playing a little with SRAM force, I am not so sure anymore, I love the fact that on SRAM you can shift using just one lever, the inside thumb button shifter on Campy egro's seems.....wastefull....now. And the shifting lever of SRAM that pulls back, so that you can easily shift in the drops are just brilliant!! And the fact that SRAM routes the cables out of the way, same as Campy does not hurt as well. All that said...I think Campy have better built quality and IMO looks nicer, SRAM looks a little "plastic" to me. Does not hurt as well that SRAM is a little cheaper as well. Anyone on here done any extensive riding on SRAM?

Get Shimano!!!!!! It will last longer than you do!!!!

And will rattle more than a 1980's taxi on a cobblestone road, after a couple of years. Nah, nothing wrong with DA really, I just don't like it.

Ask Scalpel' date=' He's using SRAM Force...

[/quote']

Doen hy rerig?  Hy gaan jou een van die dae mo?r!  http://www.advrider.com/forums/images/smilies/boxe.gif

Deamon.

We had a nice long look at the Sram at the Expo.

The hoods are nice.  Fits your palm 100%.  I like it.

The shifting is crisp and there are no complications.

What I like about Campy above SR is that you can downshift 3 gears at once.  If you are going to need that in a race, only you can decide.

The cranks of the SR is not pretty.  Campy's new ones are STUNNING!  If you go for the SR then get a carbon FSA crank.

Otherwise, I don't think you can go wrong with SRam.  Good components and as you pointed out at a better price than Campy........

I would still choose Campy though.......http://www.advrider.com/forums/images/smilies/cool_shades.gif

I would still choose Campy though.......http://www.advrider.com/forums/images/smilies/cool_shades.gif

ClapClapClap

Clap

I would go with the SRAM simply because not many people have it.  Nice to ride on something different (coming from a guy with 3 Giants in the houseEmbarrassed).

Like the new SRAM , but I think it needs to prove it self on the road , like it has on the MTB. I'd go for campy for now.Confused

Simple

1. Road = Campy

2. MTB = SRAM

3. Fishing = ShimaNO

Ducks and runs for cover ....... LOL

Yup, that's the same way I feel...or at least felt, till I played a little with SRAM.

you could always just get the SRAM shifters & derailleurs - i believe it is indexed the same as shimano.

dunno if you can use the shifters with a shimano derailleur.

Simple

1. Road = Campy

2. MTB = SRAM

3. Fishing = ShimaNO

Ducks and runs for cover ....... LOL

ClapClapClapbwahaha!