Fast mtb tires....

JPW#

Kenda Karma's are great for harder stuff, they also shed mud very well. I've got a pair of Kenda Nevegal UST's on now, and I'm very happy with them. They seem to handle loose sand and gravel very well. Still waiting for a bit of rain to test them properly! Evil%20Smile

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eish, which model Specialized was that ?

I hope no major damage to the rider & bike occurred with that blowout !!

Spez tyres are fast but their sidewalls are generalklt too thin. Try

Kenda Small Block Eight

Mavic Crossmark

WTB Vulpine

Schwalbe Furious Fred or Racing Ralphs

Conti Speed King

NoTubes/Stans The Crow

please make some suggestions for a race like Karoo 2 Coast... going for speed! Have UST crossmark back and maxxis larsen front at the moment got a set of Racing Ralphs in the garage. I hate flats(dont we all) so reluctant to use the Racing Ralphs but if it is lighter and faster and you guys recommend im changing....

any other suggestions is welcome, maybe another setup/tyre to think of ?

For Karoo to Coast definately not Karma's.

Any of the tyres on my original list will be killer for that. You can even fit a semi slick on the rear with something with a bit more grip in front. I used Geax's in a race last year and for some trail riding and found them quite rubbish.

Not sure I'll buy Specialized tyres again:

20080915_133106_IMG_6650.jpg

hectic! did you have a major impact or did it "just" happen?

For Karoo to Coast definately not Karma's.

Any of the tyres on my original list will be killer for that. You can even fit a semi slick on the rear with something with a bit more grip in front. I used Geax's in a race last year and for some trail riding and found them quite rubbish.

thank you

Geax Mezcal

I see you can fit these for speed or grip,what is the best option?Grip at the front and speed at the back?

mmmm.... I think for 140 bucks a tire.... kenda small block 8 must be the winner then, pity about the quick wearing tread, guess I'll be running the sb8 at the front and something else at the back

Grip front, speed back.

I use to run Nevegal front and SB8 at the back on my Racer-X and Moto Lite. But for Karoo you can run them front and back. Actually for general trail/XC riding they will be more than fine front and back. If you do hard XC or light AM Nevegal front will work better and of course full on AM Nevegal front and back is a winner.

OR: Maxxis Ignitor front / Maxxis Crossmark rear

OR: WTB Prowler front / WTB Vulpine rear

OR: WTB Wolverine front and back or vulpine back

OR: Racing Ralph front / Furious Fred rear

OR: Nobby Nic front / Racing Ralph rear

Wolverines are great tires. I only reason they came off my bike is cause you don't get them in UST and I run my tires soooooper low pressures.