Best road frame on the market?

AuctionLamb

Howzit guys.

Want to get a road frame but want to know what is the best road frame? I saw the TCR? ADVANCED ISP....looks awesome and good value for money. What do you think?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was chatting to the Giant guys about it, the Advanced comes in 2 versions, the ISP and non-ISP, aparently the non-ISP is a little more comfortable and alot of the lighter riders prefer it to the ISP version, so it might depend on your weight which you would prefer?

I think you will mostly get people telling you that whatever they ride is the best.

I also think that you would struggle to find a truly "bad" frame from any of the reputable manufacturers.

I also think that you will get a lot of received wisdom dressed up as truth (aluminium is harsh etc.).

How much are you planning on spending, what are you riding now and what do you want from the new frame?  What do you want the next bike to do that the present bike does not do?

I think you will mostly get people telling you that whatever they ride is the best.

I also think that you would struggle to find a truly "bad" frame from any of the reputable manufacturers.

I also think that you will get a lot of received wisdom dressed up as truth (aluminium is harsh etc.).

How much are you planning on spending' date=' what are you riding now and what do you want from the new frame?  What do you want the next bike to do that the present bike does not do?

[/quote']

My frame got damaged at the BB section of the frame. Quite a bad chip out of the frame so want to see if I need to get a new frame.  I got a Giant TCR 1. So hopefully the insurance will pay....

How much are you planning on spending' date=' what are you riding now and what do you want from the new frame?  What do you want the next bike to do that the present bike does not do?

[/quote']

Enough said.....Thumbs%20Up

"DTThumbs%20Up"

Good advice from BikeMonster .......... unless of course you want a weenie weight frame then try Cervelo and hope like hell it doesn't get recalled in the next few months ....... Wink

http://www.parker-international.co.uk/productimages/fullsize/dogma_fp_yellow.jpg

Pinarello Dogma FP Magnesium

Or

http://www.cbike.com/images/F4_13_Red.jpg

According to Cycling weekly the ;

Parlee Z3c and the Time VXRS are in a league of their own.

They rate the Litespeed Sienna very highly but fit a Reynolds Ouzo Pro or Easton EC90 SLX (with nanotech) intead of the flexy Real.

As always Colnago's feature in their list as does the Pinarello Paris.

Sorry no Giants or SCotts.. :)

My very biast opinion: 

Bought the Giant TCR Advanced ISP a couple of months ago and all I can say is Thumbs%20Up. Have been enjoying every minute of it.

The 2006 models are going for very reasonable prices compared to similar quality frames. If you can get one, don't let it slip through your fingers. The new models (2007) are out and you won't get them at the 2006 prices.