Grey imports

puzzler

I find your statement that Mavic takes their service seriously laughable. I ride Mavics and love them. I waited 4 months for a replacement skewer and I am currently on 2 months for a spoke.

Maybe they should stop trying to shut down grey importers and focus on the service you seem to think they take seriously.

Oh and my the way' date=' my wheels are not grey, not that it would make any difference to me.
[/quote']

Dude now that they have confiscated CWC wheels maybe now they will have the spares you are looking for??

THATS WHY THEY DID IT-----THEY NEED SPARES.

oh good... puzzler... please give us your number so we can get hold of you for spares...

I ride and love my Mavics but the service is shyt and never any spares in SA... Maybe you can help out doc!

LOL

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Desperate times calls for desperate measures.....must be the Dragon.....

THere is the nub of all the arguments.  Consumers will always want to pay as little as possible for merchandise, so they buy without worrying about "Grey" status ext, so long as it is cheaper.  Smuggling, grey imports ext, abound when taxes, import rules, mark-ups ext make products inaccessible to the public.

THink of it, buy a bottle of John Walker blue for R2000 at Makro, or float around CT harbour and buy the same thing for R200, with a pesky label that says "Not for resale- Only for distribution to QE2". 

You right... mavic south africa sucks... they dont have anything in stock! jnr had more stock than them!!!

Jnr, we support you once again... end of the day, you were doing it for us ( the public ) for better prices!

Is this even true, I would like to hear from someone reputable, not some troll acting out of self interest.

Boy am i glad i got mine from a reputable dealer -  they have changed my cycling experience

There just aren't the words - but if there were they'd be off somewhere beyond cretinous and stomach-turning.

What a Wally.

Puzzler drops a ninja bomb! Whahahaaaaa....

The funny thing is they are all still made by Mavic.

Who has even ever seen an imitation wheel?

I'm in the Bike trade so I understand where they are coming from, but you cannot confiscate the products! Lol I wish we could do that!!

THink of it' date=' buy a bottle of John Walker blue for R2000 at Makro, or float around CT harbour and buy the same thing for R200, with a pesky label that says "Not for resale- Only for distribution to QE2". 
[/quote']

DUH!, the QE2 does not need Mavic wheels, it's a train.

Boy am i glad i got mine from a reputable dealer -  they have changed my cycling experience

There just aren't the words - but if there were they'd be off somewhere beyond cretinous and stomach-turning.

What a Wally.

I wonder just how they changed his world?

sounds like some pimplely marketing catch line, like "Dogmor, tastes like good food should."

What a Wally.

Ha ha classic.... should think before writing......... don't want you to be my lawyer..

The only thing that's "illegal" from a "grey import" perspective is that there is an infringement by the supplier (i.e. not CWC) who sells a product beyond the market for which his distribution agreement with Mavic is limited.  If CWC imported the products legitimately (i.e. through proper declaration thereof and payment of taxes) then effectively there is no crime committed.  If however the wheels are pirate (i.e. fake), then that is a different matter.

However, if Mavic (FR) has lodged an application against the offending supplier, they may have through an international court confiscated the wheels as evidence against its naughty distributor.  But I am just speculating now.

I don't see what the basis of the raid was if it was not the latter. 

I think someone needs to list down all the "official" products that Dragon imports and then we can start a boycott !!

OMG - u wont believe this - i actually sent my cosmic carbone's in to be trued this morning at CWC - i really hope that the ppl did not take my wheelset

Who cares what who says about CWC, we all know they're a reputable dealer and always gives you service second to none.  I'll definately still continue buying there.

Sorry Puzzler you put the wrong piece in the wrong place.......

The only thing that's "illegal" from a "grey import" perspective is that there is an infringement by the supplier (i.e. not CWC) who sells a product beyond the market for which his distribution agreement with Mavic is limited.  If CWC imported the products legitimately (i.e. through proper declaration thereof and payment of taxes) then effectively there is no crime committed.  If however the wheels are pirate (i.e. fake)' date=' then that is a different matter.

However, if Mavic (FR) has lodged an application against the offending supplier, they may have through an international court confiscated the wheels as evidence against its naughty distributor.  But I am just speculating now.

I don't see what the basis of the raid was if it was not the latter. 
[/quote']

Darth... (breath in, breath out), you are the father, (breather in, breather out) of import world.