CSC Wannabees

Groot Lem

excellent - so now i know that people who write letters to magazines really do exist and they do win prizes!

how about a follow up letter showing that they still do not wear helmets - i think you can get a pair of rudy's now.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

excellent - so now i know that people who write letters to magazines really do exist and they do win prizes!

how about a follow up letter showing that they still do not wear helmets - i think you can get a pair of rudy's now.

Only if Cycle Sport print some incriminating photos again! Great mag though and they were very professional in getting the saddle over to SA.

Guest colonel

I won a bike when I wrote into bicycling and gave it to my wife.

did you guys see the pics i posted in the 'Cycling High' thread ? I didnt spend a cent..  just went looking important, and knew the CSC riders faces and names resulting in them coming up to me to chat..(the English ones that is). Stuart 'O Grady even called me into the bus while he was still getting ready..(now thats a rare occasion!)

Guest colonel

Give me R15 000 and I will also call you to my bus and talk to you......alot.

Pay R15 000 and then get made to ride behind them like a leper. Some guys just like being abused.

I heard that Saturday and Sunday was for the dealers and those who payed the 15k.Monday was for the customers.(free)Every cervelo dealer could invite a few customers to Mondays ride for free.There were about 40 riders today,had a great time,casual ride with CSC(not behind the bunch but actually riding and chatting)If your LBS is not a cervelo dealer talk to them,if they are ask them why you were not invited?I don't even own a cervelo,nor intend buying one but got asked by my LBS if i wanted to ride.Smile

I heard that Saturday and Sunday was for the dealers and those who payed the 15k.

Might want to rephrase that

typical south africans ... moaning about everything that cost money.

good for the guys that paid the bucks and went on a ride ... those who could not go (for what ever reason) do not justify the cost for those who went ... think about it ... if it was for free ... the argus entry limit would have been exceeded!!!

Just been at my LBS (Cervelo dealer) and saw all the photos taken by them this past weekend. They certainly mixed it with all the CSC guys and had plenty of opportunity to chat to all the guys. It seems to have been well organised from what I could see in the pictures and from the commentry given with each picture.

If you have R 15k to throw at that and went - well done to you. For those of you who don't have R 15k to spend on anything - carry on moaning!Wink

Apparently you have to ride behind them and not mingle while you ride.

Not true. And most of them were quite talkative and pleasant despite their hectic schedules and the constant public attention (except Zabriskie who is on his own planet). Julich and a couple of the other guys even pushed some tannie on her brand new Cervelo up Boyes Drive.

Every cervelo dealer could invite a few customers to Mondays ride for free

i own two cervelo's and did not crack an invite!

anyhow - overheard some guy (on a SLC in CSC kit) talking about the goings on of the week-end & it sounds like a good time was had by all.

yep - if you have the money to spend,  why not?  apparently when you are on your deathbed you don't complain about the things you have done,  but about the things you have not done!

Guest colonel
Apparently you have to ride behind them and not mingle while you ride.

Not true. And most of them were quite talkative and pleasant despite their hectic schedules and the constant public attention (except Zabriskie who is on his own planet). Julich and a couple of the other guys even pushed some tannie on her brand new Cervelo up Boyes Drive.

Sorry I tak it back then that is what I heard, but stilll R15 000??? If someone wants to ride Motocross with me I dont charge them that!!!