The rollers so far...

_Daemon_

Just follow Cruxie's advice - focus on something in front of you..and it was as simple as that. Thanks Cruxie! i got on them for the first time before a race and did like 30min before the start..after a few min i was riding comfortably..awesome for warming up before a race.

ok - this bunny hopping thing sounded way cool so i went out and got myself a set of rollers seeing that everyone else around here is getting some lekker new toys for themselves.

any advice so i don't end the coming season prematurely with a broken collarbone or wrist?

(and yes - i know about the placing of the rollers in a doorway)

Bunnyhopping on rollers....madness...

anyway just did 30km's on my rollers, good fun.

just did about 45mins. & it is great fun!  far better than the standard indoor trainer.  very sure this is going to help my balance a lot - espesially sitting in the gutter with about 2mm of tar between me & the gravel (like a damn magnet!)

took me about 10mins to get the hang of it.  riding in the doorway really helps & as epoh said - concentrate on something in front of you.

can now move hands to center,  from center to levers,  levers to drops etc.  found that shifting from small to big ring really messes with my balance.

very nice for spinning & still easy to get the HR to 75% +.

managed max speed of 47km/h & then got a bit scared.

only threw the bike off once!

tomorrow night i will try and use the waterbottel & see if i can stay upright going one-handed.

tomorrow night i will try and use the waterbottel & see if i can stay upright going one-handed. 

Pleeze take some photo's - you can use the free hand Clap

Last used rollers years ago, found it easier to ride with hands off than hands on - just takes a bit of pluck to try it - standing up also quite easy.

But bunny hop uh uh - not that braveOuch

Noticed something with my rollers. My hands go numb...wtf it does not go on the road, and I hardly grip the handlebars, I can feel that I am putting too much weight on my handlebars thought. Can it be that the rollers are showing incorrect bike setup for me?

....... Can it be that the rollers are showing incorrect bike setup for me?

Definitely, you are spending far too much time on your Road bike, the incorrect bike set-up will be naturally corrected once you and your mountain bike get re-acquainted! 

Big%20smile

Thug this sounds like it could be great fun !! Like racing on the pavemunt with your MTB . I got a old washing machine at home with rollers that I wanna convert into one of these things . Was thinking of adding railings to sides so I don't fall over .

....... Can it be that the rollers are showing incorrect bike setup for me?

Definitely' date=' you are spending far too much time on your Road bike, the incorrect bike set-up will be naturally corrected once you and your mountain bike get re-acquainted! 

Big%20smile

[/quote']

HAHA...I think I have done plenty of mtb rides lately...I mean two nights rides in two weeks are ALOT for me ;)

Finally today I managed to ride my rollers with no hands! It may seem easy for some, but I'm so stoke I had to share my excitement...

nice one prerace!  will try that in about a years time!

by the looks of it no clubride form me today - raining in Bryanston!!!!

Raining in PTA as well.  Don't have rollers so I will have to go to the gym after work.  Just hope it's still open.

Just a word of warning.  Check the rollers from time to time, to make sure that the drums doesn't wear.  Saw one set of rollers that broke in 2 (the drum part) but it was a set of a heavy bloke

rain stopped so managed to go on clubride!!!!  noticed that my balance has improved a bit from this past week on the rollers & I also steer differently - more with my body (balence) and less with the bars!

will do another hour on the rollers today because it is fun.

will also check out the drums from time to time.