tubeless

cat-i

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well 1 + you can run at lower pressure that = more traction.  You will have to wait for DR or Mud Dee.  Search for Stans.

You fill them with slime and stuff.  Much better to use tubeless me thinks...  But I must confess I still use Tubes.

cat-i, you can run your tyre pressure lower.  This gives you better traction as Cois said and it also gives a bit of a softer ride.  If you don't want to buy a new set of rims, etc. try Stans or Joes.

Forget the lower pressure stuff, tried it and in real life it does not really work as the side of the tyre pulls a gap every now and again, and does this air burp, when you ride up something sideways, like a curb etc. What tubeless really works for is waaaaaaaaaaay less punctures and lighter tyres, so less rotating mass.

I've been tubeless for over 6 months and have never had a puncture that has not sealed immediately.

There are a number of advantages:

As stated above, you can ride at lower pressures which decreases rolling resistance.

Less weight with the removal of tubes & tyre-liners.

Immediate sealing of punctures.

The negatives include:

Relatively messy if you have to put a tube in due to a large sidewall cut.

Have to re-fill the tyre every couple of months.

Non-tubeless tyres are more pourous than tubeless, consequently one uses more sealant to fill those small air pockets.

All in all, both Stans & Joes are good systems, relatively inexpensive and one which I would recommend.

1. Lighter..with the use of normal or tubless ready tyres

2. Less rolling resistance

3. More Grip

4. Can be very cheap if you go the homemade way.

5. Less punctures

6. Better slowspeed handling.

Anf if you use a "non UST" tyre as a rubeless' date=' be prepared to pump it every second day. (but it saves a lot of weight - about 150 - 200gr gr per tyre)

[/quote']

I've been using normal Larsen TT's and they hold the air pretty well and rarely have to pump them up.

ok, i got the conti speed kings, and they loose air through the gatorskin sidewall.

maybe i will change to the tt or crossmark.

On this? What about the Kenda Karma 's?

I use the speedkings with the normal sidewalls. I started using them about 2months ago. No air lost since then.

ok' date=' i got the conti speed kings, and they loose air through the gatorskin sidewall.

maybe i will change to the tt or crossmark.

On this? What about the Kenda Karma 's?[/quote']

Get real tyres, that actually have grip. Kenda Nevegal's or Bontrager Jones XR's.

I like the XR's. But I have no problems with the speedkings, they give awesome traction,and low rolling resistance. The TT's are Cra@p!!