A lighter bike...

chris414

He...He...He...

Ja Mud Dee........"WHEEEEEEE.......What a predicament....."

I would trade a 4kg Giant/Raleigh for a 200kg C50....No contest!

Yeah you might have a point TT..LOL I'm just wondering because I saw a very nice C40 a while back....weighed it...9kgs.

I know at the Tour de France the CyclingNews boys had a close look at the Giant and Colnago TT bikes, the result, they were identical. Apparently the boys setting up the Colnago rigs got a bit touchy about it as well. Good fun!

If you are trying to lose 2kg of bike parts to improve your argus rather get aero/lightweight wheels or train harder LOL

Problem here is if the wind blows aero wheels dont help 1 bit. My how soon you Vaalies/Gautengies forget.

My bike is the light-est of all

20061213_070115_10122006128.jpg

Nope.....

Think I have got a lighter one.......Wink

http://velonews.com/galleries/contest53/Christmas%20Bike%20by%20Phil%20Heubner.jpg

Are those the new halogen lights I read about in weight weenie magazine?

But I heard your bike is only light during the night, does that make you "Knight rider"?

But I heard your bike is only light during the night' date=' does that make you "Knight rider"?
[/quote']

You must ask our neighbours......they'll be able to tell you about the funny Vrooooommmm....Vroooommmmm noises.....Embarrassed

Now spinnekop...will you trade a 7kg giant/raleigh for a 9kg C50?

EVEN in a small size the raleigh rc team weighs more than 7kg Big%20smile

All depends if you have say 10% body fat, loosing 2kg on your bike will make a difference. I know if I loose 2kg's body weight it makes quite a bit difference for me. Now I reckon to go lower than 10% bf is not healty, so if your at that limit, the natural place to loose weight is your bike, to up your power to weight ratio.

Chris,

if you are strong enough to make the front bunch in your group on your heavy bike, then riding a light bike will save you a little energy give you a better jump for the sprint, i.e. about 2 seconds.

on the other hand if you just get dropped on Chappies on your heavy bike, and would have been able to stick with the bunch on the climb on a lighter bike, you could lose 4 minutes from there to the end.

if you are not riding in a racing group, i.e. bunches are not so important, I really have no idea. But the ride will be more fun on the lighter bike. And the NBS factor is certainly not negligible.

the NBS always does wonder for me. i'm so high, so excited on the new bike for the first ride and think that this very ride will be the best ever. until the first hill/challenge comes andf i still suffer a lot. that brings me back to reality that it's not the bike but myself. if you ride pro and compete with the worlds best get the best bike available. if u r not train more and buy a good friend a nice present insted of yourself a new bike. 

So why then, if there is no benefit to losing 2kg off the bike, do people spend the equivalent of the GDP of a small country on a carbon frame, saddlepost etc.

So why then' date=' if there is no benefit to losing 2kg off the bike, do people spend the equivalent of the GDP of a small country on a carbon frame, saddlepost etc.[/quote']

a) cause they are posers

b) they believe in it

c) they have a fetish and like to tune their hobby the bike like others tune their car

d) it's a movement-"everybody has it so i've to get it, too"