Insurance - pay outs?

Alida

Hi there ...

Right, I'm looking at insurance for our bikes and have looked at Cyclesure and Pedalguard. 

Is that it for cycle insurance or are there other companies to ask for quotes?

Has anyone actually tried to claim from their insurers?  Did you have any hassles etc?  I don't want to go with an insurer that has 200 different reasons why you can't claim.

I have my bike insured through my standard short-term insurance.  I specified that I use it for competition and I travel with it.

The insurance was quite expensive, but when SAA managed to tear the bottle cage out of the carbon frame, the insurance company replaced the frame - so it is worth it in my opinion.

Same as Spinnekop.... I claimed for a Ksyrium rim through Cyclesure and they replaced it no questions asked!

Cyclesure.  Thumbs%20Up

Have made one small claim and the had NO issues what so ever!! 

Spidy, for interest sakes, what are your premiums?  I need to re-assess mine but I was paying aroung R230/month all risks on a bike valued at R40000.

Mine is R438 p/m, bike and spare wheel set (Zipps)  insured for a replacment value of R56000.

Sounds like you have a pretty good deal!

Guest Michelle

I got two quotes, one from Cyclesure, the other from Outsurance.. pretty much the same monthly premium, except Outsurance won't cover you for damage during a race. Dead

Alida, i'm with cyclesure and am a crash-test-dummy and i've had a burglary at home (i put my household contents and car with them as well) and i've had no problems at all. their policies are underwritten by SA Eagle - one of the TOP insurance companies. i was paid out without any hassles (other than the assessor for the burglary, but i got a sincere apology for his unprofessional behaviour)

Alida, I'm also with cyclesure and I'm very happy.  I've made so

many changes to my policy in the two years I've been with them, I'm

almost on a first-name basis with them -  and I've claimed 3

times, no problems (also a bit of a crash-test dummy)

Thanks - Cyclesure looks good.  Just wanted to hear what people who are insured with them have to say.

I am with Cyclesure' date=' I pay R189p.m for R29000 bike value.

[/quote']

That doesn't sound right. How long have you been with them and have you Ever had a claim?

Cyclesure is definitely the way to go!!! They replaced a bike for me in March and then again in September...no problems!Thumbs%20Up

Cyclesure is definitely the way to go!!! They replaced a bike for me in March and then again in September...no problems!Thumbs%20Up

Jy is seker jou pa se favouriteste dogter.