Want to lose some extra kilo's

was it you i saw this am doing chappies route ...????
Can't be me...I broke a pedal this morning and had to limp to work' date=' and going to have fun trying to get home Confused[/quote']  SHAME .....NOT NICE - RIG OP DIE LINKERFLANK ....VOORWAARTS .....MARS !!!!!!!! WinkLOL

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but for highest rate of fat oxidation' date=' ride at steady 70-75, even 80 % mhr. Do that 20-25 h/week nd see what happens..
[/quote']

Eish 20- 25 hrs per week, ello what planet company are you from...

Reacon with that amount of training anyone will loose weight and look like a Rasmussen.

Does not take (20-25 hrs/week) that much exercise to loose weight...

IMO Common sense is all it takes, eat right and train on a constant basis. Monitor your weight daily (weigh yourself every morning on waking up and after your first visit to the loo, before you drink/eat anything).

Adjust your eating / training accordingly.

It's really simple, 1 mug black coffee before your morning ride, go out flat box till you bonk, eat nothing, stop at a coffee shop and knock back an espresso or two, then start your morning ride for real adding maybe another 2 hours to what you have already done! After that calorie busting session, knock back a protein shake or have a fruit smoothie, and top it with any lean meal (chicken, turkey, tuna,ostrich) plus veg and salad for dinner. Remember to top up with the protein shakes!

Hey' date=' I lost 5 kg's in 2 months! [/quote']

And you felt and looked like hell throughout the whole two months. Have you kept it off???

Hey' date=' I lost 5 kg's in 2 months! [/quote']

I'm certain it would work for weight loss - I'd just be shaking and rattling from all the caffeine  LOL

Guest colonel

Slow steady mileage will lose weight and eat correctly not less.

Also in the Cape "Tik" is a wonderful source for weight loss.

Good point, but erm...don't think that will work for me...i'm always hungry.Cry

I have to watch what i eat otherwise i'll permanently be hunting through the fridge/freezer/cupboard.Unhappy

then, nellie, you eat the wrong things. eat things that won't make you hungry. fat-free yogurt with added sugar won't work. A Lamb tjop with a nice piece of fat around the edges will keep you satisfied for much longer. really. & then you don't have to hunt through the fridge.

& drink full-cream milk in your coffee; you use tripple the amount of fat-free milk to get the coffee the same colour, & then it's cold anyway & don't taste as good.

LOLLOLLOL

won't work eitherEmbarrassed...i'm a vegetarian and i don't drink coffeeEmbarrassed Any other advice doctor?

It may be a genetic thing...coz my dad can really eat A LOT!!!Dead

I have managed to keep the weight I lost off for the most part. I took 2 weeks away from my bike and any sort of cardio activity and I did gain 2 kg's. I have been back on my bike for 2 - 3 weeks now and have managed to drop to 2kg's I gained. Earlier in the year I tried to lose weight by doing high intensity workouts but found that I was losing lean muscle mass and not fat. If you just into what the scale tells you then this is ok. If you're into muscle mass, body water and all that othe info then this isn't for you...

One of my friends said the easiest way to lose weight is to not eat breakfast' date=' go out for a really easy 1-2 hour morning ride with only water and then afterwards eat a banana. I'm trying it and think it's working!

[/quote']

Not eating breakfast places your body into a starvation mode and thus it starts to hoard (fat) as it dosen't know when it's next meal is due. Breakfast actually stimulates your metabolic rate

You're better off skipping breakfast and riding fasted for a short while, like 45 -60 min, but the effect is small, and not worth the deprivation in my opinion - just ride an extra 30 min :) The timing of eating is important - insulin levels are highest 30-60 min after eating a cho-rich meal. Raised insulin inhibits fat oxidation, so reduce this effect by eating soon after the start of exercise. A study I did showed very slight differences in fat oxidation when riders ate from the start of exercise or from 90 min into exercise, but studies that had the riders eating before exercise showed supression of fat oxidation.

The past few days I wake up every single morning around 01:00 and find myself looking for a Bar-One or some sweets........getting quite irratated by this!Angry

It is like my frikkin body is in some "wake up @ 1 for sugar" method!!! AARGG!!! When I have on of those small Bar-One's I feel KING and go back to sleep....no problems!Cool