The Muxmans stupid question page

The Saint

What is the beer to training ratio? In other words if you do lets say 30 minutes training on an indoor trainer what amount of beers consumed after the training session would undo all the training you have just completed?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The question should rather be , how did al this training affect your ability to down a beer every 2 minutes for 10 minutes !!!

In the case where both training and beer drinking was done at the same time I would say you should be fairly safe from any negative results , but only if done moderately .

MMMMM interesting. I have heard that beer is a good source of Carbs so putting some in a "water" bottle whilst having a ride should not have all that much of an adverse effect but should actually provide a benifit, or am I just being stupid again?

Also how is it possible to establish if you have burnt the 139 cals? I know these verimark bikes come with a cal meter but I can only imagine that it is a ball park indication. Surely there is more science involved in acurately measuring exactly how many cals one individual has burnt from another.

Half a beer a day for 2 hours of training....Swiss you have a great sense of humour. My ratio is 2 hours of training = 120 minutes = really thirsty therefore 120/10 minutes per beer = 12 well deserved beers after training session.Thumbs%20Up

Muxman most HRM's come with a calorie monitor. As far as carbs go for 340 ml ...

Ave Beer - carbs 13g

Light beer - carbs 4g

Alchohol free beer (why bother) - carbs 13g cals 139

Beer during a race is a baaad idea . With all the shaking going on the beer is flat in 2 minutes and then it get's warm as well . Now we all know that flat beer is a big no,no , but drinking warm flat beer will definitly book you a place in hell .

Ok now that we have established that I am only allow 0.5 beers per day (which is never going to happen going on number 6 now)

Why is a deep cut carbon rim not good for climbing?

A deep cut carbon rim? Miskien bedoel jy 'n "deep section"?

Diep seksie carbon rims soos die Zipp 404 en die Campagnolo Bora en Mavic Cosmic Carbones is deesdae baie lig - tussen 1265 en 1400g vir 'n stel. Dis ligter as baie van die sogenaamde "climbing wheels" wat van ander materiaal gemaak is en jy het nog die aerodinamiese voordeel ook wat tot op 'n 6% gradient nog 'n voordeel inhou bo boks seksie rims. En die ry gerief is ook baie beter...

Ok now that we have established that I am only allow 0.5 beers per day (which is never going to happen going on number 6 now)

Why is a deep cut carbon rim not good for climbing?

The extra weight - the extra material required to create a more aerodynamic "deep section" is probably a waste of time as the aerodynamic benefit of a deep section will only have an effect with speeds of 30 kmh and higher.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The only wheels lighter than deep section carbon tubulars (e.g. Zip 404 / Eastern Tempest II, Campy Bora) are low profile carbon tubulars (e.g. Zip 202, Campy Hyperon).

The weight advantage the skinny wheels have on steep climbs (about 100g) is counter-balanced by the aero advantage of the deep section rims on the flats. The other problem is the price. I think the Hyperons are about the most expensive wheels you can buy.

If you compare 404s etc. to alloy "climbing" wheels (e.g. Easton Ascent II, Mavic Ksyrium ES), the deep section carbon tubulars are about 200g lighter, and the weight is distributed closer to the hub. So they really don't climb that badly.

I think the Hyperons are about the most expensive wheels you can buy.

2007 Campagnolo Hyperon Wheelset $2599.00

I think these are up there with the most expensive you can buy..

2007 Lightweight Ventoux Tubular Wheelset

Item: LIG104      Weight: 950.0g
$5,500.00
http://images.competitivecyclist.com/images/global/clear.gif

The Lightweight Standard and Obermayer wheelsets are incredible for climbing --