The Muxmans stupid question page

The Saint

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pilot and Stoker? MMMM sounds a bit dodgey. The skinny guy at the back is stoking the pilot. Thanks for the info' date=' not sure if I would like to be the pilot or the stoker.

So does this mean if I have a fat girlfriend she would need to be the pilot cause I am a skinny guy therefore I would not be able to sit upfront and I would then have to "stoker" from behind????

I have deep section clinchers and they definately don't sound anything like a deep section tubby
[/quote']

Did you say STROKER her STOKER from behind??? just clearing it up Big%20smile

the answer from "les mis":

[sAILOR ONE]

I smell women
Smell 'em in the air
Think I'll drop my anchor
In that harbor over there

[sAILOR TWO]
Lovely ladies
Smell 'em through the smoke
Seven days at sea
Can make you hungry for a poke

[sAILOR THREE]
Even stokers need a little stoke!

3) What is the correct terminology for the fat guy in the front and the skinny guy at the back of a tandem.

Laurel & HardyBig%20smile

The magnet that you put on your wheel to measure your speed or commonly known as a speed sensor. Should this magnet be placed in a strategic position such as opposite the valve in order to "true" the wheel more to compensate for the valve which surely puts the wheel off balance all be it a tiny amount or can the sensor just be placed anywhere?

Never heard that before, and I don't think it would be called an urban legend.  An urban legend is generally a bizarre, but plausible, false story.  This one would just be a bullsh1t story. 

All the magnet does is count the number of times your wheel goes round - nothing more nothing less.  The computer then multiplies that result by the circumference of your wheel (which you enter).  That gives total distance travelled, divided by the time taken to do that gives you speed.

As for the sound of tubbies and clinchers, it is difficult to isolate the two as they can't both be on the same type of wheel - so it is likely that the wheel sounds different whether it is the same rim depth or not.  Also the rubber compound will be different, as may be the tread pattern, both of which affect the sound of the tyre on the road.  Different hubs also sound different and different hub/spoke designs have different airflow so that will sound different.  Isolate all of those and you might be able to tell whether the tubbies sound different to clinchers.

BTW: Just thought I would fill in for JB - seems he's busy. Wink  Perhaps he will now counter everything I've just said.
linnega2007-11-01 00:19:28

As for the sound of tubbies and clinchers' date=' it is difficult to isolate the two as they can't both be on the same type of wheel - so it is likely that the wheel sounds different whether it is the same rim depth or not.  Also the rubber compound will be different, as may be the tread pattern, both of which affect the sound of the tyre on the road.  Different hubs also sound different and different hub/spoke designs have different airflow so that will sound different.  Isolate all of those and you might be able to tell whether the tubbies sound different to clinchers.

[/quote']

Is that based on ancedotal or scientific evidence ? Wink

As for the sound of tubbies and clinchers' date=' it is difficult to isolate the two as they can't both be on the same type of wheel - so it is likely that the wheel sounds different whether it is the same rim depth or not.  Also the rubber compound will be different, as may be the tread pattern, both of which affect the sound of the tyre on the road.  Different hubs also sound different and different hub/spoke designs have different airflow so that will sound different.  Isolate all of those and you might be able to tell whether the tubbies sound different to clinchers.

[/quote']

Is that based on ancedotal or scientific evidence ? Wink

Nope, linne-science Tongue

Pseudo-science. 

Better than the science that Owen Hannie demonstrated on Supercycling.  Clearly showing every how not to wear a helmet (far too loose to be of any benefit at any speed) and that stupid theory that the more you pay the better protected you are.  Generally it is the other way round as you pay more for better vents and lighter weight neither of which contribute to the limited safety benefits provided by a helmet.

Pseudo-science. 

Better than the science that Owen Hannie demonstrated on Supercycling.  Clearly showing every how not to wear a helmet (far too loose to be of any benefit at any speed) and that stupid theory that the more you pay the better protected you are.  Generally it is the other way round as you pay more for better vents and lighter weight neither of which contribute to the limited safety benefits provided by a helmet.

haha, can't believe the crap he espoused.

I would probably get arrested for public indecency if I were stoking her from behind.Another question quick.The magnet that you put on your wheel to measure your speed or commonly known as a speed sensor. Should this magnet be placed in a strategic position such as opposite the valve in order to "true" the wheel more to compensate for the valve which surely puts the wheel off balance all be it a tiny amount or can the sensor just be placed anywhere?

Here's a little trick I learnt a while back about placing magnets in strategic positions. Place two magnets directly opposite each other (doesn't have to be next to the valve). Get on bike and start pedalling. Focus eye's on computer.

I'll guarentee you it will be the fastest ride you've ever had, and amazingly you'll cover twice the distance in half the time.