Given the Blur some luvvin!

fatcyclist

Since everyone is posting their stuff, slowbee reminded me I should post the upgrades I did to my Blur for Desert Dash.

20081104_065915_blur01.jpg

In dire need of some love, especially with the flat tyre after the last ride.

20081104_070008_blur02.jpg

Thompson seatpost (thanks CWC), BBB carbon fibre handlebar, Ridley Pro stem (Crown Cycles didn't have a WCS handy) and a new cluster. Yes I am a fat bastard, so I can't ride the lightest stuff. All this should hold my fat ass without breaking Embarrassed

20081104_070144_blur03.jpg

DT Swiss 1800 wheels, new centrelock discs (thanks Fred from Gecko!), and SLR-XP saddle.

20081104_070345_blur04.jpg

Nicely washed after her the first test ride on the new additions in Magic Forest with niterider LOL Oh and she's just a tad lighter now Embarrassed

Stans conversion coming once I've decided on a front tyre to use at Dash (happy with the Larsen TT at the back), and also new pedals. Wallet needs to recover first Confused

No idea what it weighs now sorry (I'll have it weighed one dayWink). It's the original 4" travel frame, before they started the LT and XC. Biggest problem with them was the rear stays...I can't run a 2.1 tyre at the back. Some 2.0's fit.. I'm happy with it though and certainly don't have another R15 000 around to upgrade to another frame.

I have the Blur LT And I swear I will never get another frame. With the RP3  shock I can make this bike do anything. I race it and on weekends I wind up my Revelation and she turns into a trailbike. I must say everytime I pass guys down single track or fly across rock gardens I feel sorry for other guys, cause its not fair This bike is so darn good. the angles are just right, and this thing corners like nothing Ive ridden.

So theres some blur loving for you mate

Yeah I've had the 5th Element serviced once, but at some stage I'm going to have to punish mr. Visa and get a RP3 for the rear. That said, I love this bike, and see no reason to upgrade LOLBig%20smile (I mean, it's a Santacruz damnit!)