Hello

laney

the hub gets addictive beware !!!! just enjoy your bike and ride as much as possible WELCOME !!!

Confused Bit late now Scotty !!!!! 

LOL Never too old to learn

Laney, hook up with DR on a ride along you'll learn a thing or 2 or plenty.

Watch out for Mud Dee!! He's king at posting Anna pics when things get a bit rough!Wink

Otherwise welcome!! Enjoy!! but be carefull!!Big%20smile

My advise - be careful what you ask for... I mean look at this Spinnekop oke with his Cannondale ad!! WTF? He think because he has a new System Six the whole world looks at him...

LOLLOLLOLLOL! You guys are hilarious!

Sorry Laney, i'd rather not give you any advice. (...seeing that i flew over my handlebars 20metres into my first race.EmbarrassedLOL...guess i listened to these guys far too much beforehand!Wink)

Rather go with them on a training ride. BUT(...and this is VERY important!) choose your training partners carefully! Some of them are really wild when they get on a bike.

Yeah...look at what happened to poor Cashandra. She was looking for training group in Cape Town and ended up riding with fatty and SARA and Donkey and CVANC...she'll require months of therapy to recover ConfusedLOL

Nice one Epoh!Clap

And Fatty, never mind all the others...she would have gotten enough of a shock from you.Wink

Yeah...look at what happened to poor Cashandra. She was looking for training group in Cape Town and ended up riding with fatty and SARA and Donkey and CVANC...she'll require months of therapy to recover ConfusedLOL

No need for therapy - just get here back here ASAP so we can go do some more training...

Welcome laney. Depending on where you live in Gauteng, there are a number of us Hubbers on MTB's here and we get together for rides fairly often. Look at some of the old posts under Training for some of our group rides.

I've just done the Beginners Skills Clinic at Logwood and it helped me tremendously. Also, don't be afraid to stay on the Green routes at Logwood for a while, a Green route is usually more technical than most stuff you will ride elsewhere.

Other places to ride:

Braamfontein Spruit (just make sure you're riding with others)

Northern Farm

Groenkloof and Fountains in Pta.

More advice, find a club that goes MTBing in an area near you. There are a couple, Flatdogs, Dark n Dirty, Rockhoppers, amongst others.

Mostly, enjoy!