You know what absolutely SICKENS me?

Capri Wheeler

I sincerely apologize to anybody whom this applies to but . . .

Is it just me or does it really get to you when you see someone riding a cervelo S3 or a trek madone 6.9 going up  a hill (2% gradient) at about 16km'h.

It actually sickens me and I want to punch that person in the face!

but maybe its just me...

but how do you feel?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or does it really get to you when you see someone riding a cervelo S3 or a trek madone 6.9 going up  a hill (2% gradient) at about 16km'h.

but maybe its just me...

but how do you feel?

CW, ride further back, and you see guys with said bikes, full Assos kit, the latest and greatest Sidi shoes, PUSHING their bikes up the N14 bumps.  Braked, "are you ok", the answer, "Ja, but this is a TOUGH hill boet!!"  People SCARE me!

I know, Like im riding a trek 1500 and i just fly through my groups and then see these nog-schelppers at the back with these fancy bikes...actually cant!

such idiots buy expensive kit and bike and think it will make them into the next jan ulrich

Why dos it sicken you, cos (a) you havent got one,(b) you are jelous, © that little green eyed monster on your shoulder.?

Get over it, if you have a Ferrari do you have to drive at 300 kmph, if you have a Ocean going Yacht do you have to cross the Atlantic, maybe they like the paint job, where dos it say you have to be a swollen headed wannabee to have an expensive bicycle.?

No emotion at all.

At least they are out riding.

That does not mean I will tolerate them telling me how to ride or train or how good their bike is because they clearly don't know.

Surely if people want to spend money on the best bikes/clothing/cycling gadgets and not live up to the 'names' by training... that's their perogative?

I don't understand why people would get so uptight about it..

but that's just me

a0 i am DAMN jealous, i want it BBBAAAADDDD!!!!!!!!

and they idiots buying it, maybe u r one of them, there is a term 4 som1 like that...any1 know it?

but maybe its just me...

but how do you feel?

...it's just you 

16km/hr??? Imagine what speed he would have been doing on YOUR bike!

a0 i am DAMN jealous, i want it BBBAAAADDDD!!!!!!!!

and they idiots buying it, maybe u r one of them, there is a term 4 som1 like that...any1 know it?

" Not your dad" ?

Yup, why shouldn't they. If they are multi millionaires that enjoy riding for the fun of it why shouldn't they go out and buy the best bike they can.

Capri that's just jealousy. When I bought my 1st new bike in 1996 the then De Rosa agent passed a comment I thought he directed at me about people riding bikes that exceeded their ability. I never bought my bike from him. I wanted a brand new bling Italian bike, I bought one from someone else. So what. Some people can afford to buy the best. Old men are the biggest group of sports car buyers. Get the picture...

They keep the cycle shops in business, and feed the used-bike market...

I too have ownership aspirations way beyond my ability and fitness level { not to mention pocket..} but when the time comes to indulge myself I certainly won't go over the top, but rather for a bike that provides a sense of pride in ownership.

a0 i am DAMN jealous' date=' i want it BBBAAAADDDD!!!!!!!!
[/quote']

who exactly are you referring to dude?

When you see them, say nice bike. No need to express resentment because of their cycling ability on their machines.

They are good for the cycling industry and keep a lot of the bike shops we all use open for business.

Maybe they will improve as cyclists, or sell their machines at some point.

Either way, its great to have them on the road and at the races.