Attention all slow riders,lazy bones and newbies.

amateur

Hi

I have been cycling for a month or so already. This is the first time that I have attempted any exercise

In 8 years Embarrassed. So my fitness level is practically on 0.

I am going out every 2nd morning and waking up at 4am Dead during the week' date=' to miss the

traffic. I do about 20km each time and it takes me about an hour. The hills in JHB is killing me Confused, but I?m sure

one of these days things will go allot better. 

Good luck to those newbies out there that are brave enough to do 50km maybe I?ll get there someday.

[/quote']

Hey Jinx why don't you join us, the route is flat and you'll manage 50km if you takling JHB hills. My friend has only ever done spinning sessions, so you're ahead of her. Besides we go as fast as the slowest rider. Come along the more the merrier!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to those newbies out there that are brave enough to do 50km maybe I?ll get there someday.

[/quote']

Don't worry about it Jinx, you will get there. You're just gonna suffer once and the next time it's gonna be peanuts. Just remember, do not try and go faster, rather go longer and later work on speed.

Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but where are you in JHB?

[/quote']

Don't worry about it Jinx, you will get there. You're just gonna suffer once and the next time it's gonna be peanuts. Just remember, do not try and go faster, rather go longer and later work on speed.

Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but where are you in JHB?

Speaking of which MR , are you going to be there??

Jinx, the route is VERY easy.  Join the lot, it'll be great fun and it's an easy ride.

Thanks to everyone ! I'm in Fourways, been doing Witkoppen and Main road.

Let my chat to my cycle buddy another newbie he cycles with me and we will make a plan! I have never attempted 50km but there is a first time for everything I suppose. LOL 

Thanks to everyone ! I'm in Fourways' date=' been doing Witkoppen and Main road.
Let my chat to my cycle buddy another newbie he cycles with me and we will make a plan! I have never attempted 50km but there is a first time for everything I suppose. LOL  [/quote']

You should join us for more rides then, we are also in the north and normally do a route on Hendrik Potgieter, ends up being about 60km's if I ride from home and back (home is in Bromhof). If you ride from Fourways you should het about 80km's.

PS if you can go up and down witkoppen you'll cruise in da Souf, It'll be the easiest ride you've eva done!!

Speaking of which MR ' date=' are you going to be there??

[/quote']

No sorry, I have to fit dirt and tar in a weekend and I'm one of them that's doing Suikerbosrand on Sunday. Don't ask me why. Ewep and Slowpoke bullied me into it.Ouch

Hmmm, Where and what time you guys planning to leave for the reserve Sunday?? Thinking maybe I should join you??

Only problem is I need to be at an engagement party at 12:30pm.

Speaking of which MR ' date=' are you going to be there??

[/quote']

No sorry, I have to fit dirt and tar in a weekend and I'm one of them that's doing Suikerbosrand on Sunday. Don't ask me why. Ewep and Slowpoke bullied me into it.Ouch

ja ja what eva, i'll work my way back up to that, who know's if I'm lucky maybe i'll get to do it next year sometime. 

We'll be riding MTB out to the blockhouse (1stop on the R59 to Vanderbijlpark) off road Saturday, it does cross the Lido route. In fact at the point where you cross the R59 after the steps! Hopefully we'll see you guys there, will look out for you.

Suikerbosrand long ride Sunday! Not with EWEP but hopefully again we'll see you all there somewhere.

Suikerbosrand long ride Sunday! Not with EWEP but hopefully again we'll see you all there somewhere.

What you mean, am I that bad a riding partner?

We'll be riding MTB out to the blockhouse (1stop on the R59 to Vanderbijlpark) off road Saturday' date=' it does cross the Lido route. In fact at the point where you cross the R59 after the steps! Hopefully we'll see you guys there, will look out for you.

[/quote']

Hey BigBen, meet at the circuss for pancackes???

OK so far we have 5 people for saturday and 6 people for sunday. All none hubbers except me and SP on Sat and me in Sun.

I got a thing about Suikerbos.. not the up but the down.. same as butchers. So wil probably join you on Saturday morning. One question however, why so late.

It means first lap will be done by  8:30 and second one by 10:30 and I still need to do some painting on Saturday.

I got a thing about Suikerbos.. not the up but the down.. same as butchers. So wil probably join you on Saturday morning. One question however' date=' why so late.

It means first lap will be done by  8:30 and second one by 10:30 and I still need to do some painting on Saturday.
[/quote']

Not everyone is used to getting up so early, didn't you see Bored Girl's posting on the time - and she's a cyclist!!! Wink

Will also be there. Sent you a pm with my details. Also nervous about joining the group but I suppose one has to take the plunge some time!