Hydration pack???

AndreZA

I need one of these so the hunt is on. My choises sofar is between the Hydrapak slipstream and the Camelbak Rogue. They've got almos tthe same capacity and price is close. Anybody got experience with either or recommend another.

This is the Hydrapak Slipstream

20070110_080148_streamline.jpg

This is the Camelbak Rogue

20070110_080415_rogue.jpg

Mampara, speak to Dirt Rider tomorrow.  He has a cheap the outer "rugsakkie" he uses is quite cheap, but he has a kick-ass inner in it.  Camelbak is completely overrated.

You need one you can put stuff in, if you carry spares and stuff in your pockets and you put a heavy pack on top of that it hurst. MichH has also got a lekka one!!

The Rogue is an excellent pack.I passed mine on to my 15 year old son.Handy pump port and enough space for tube,etc.No good on a long haul though where the Mule rules.Strong,quality and comfort.

I dont carry saddle bags,bottle brackets,pump brackets,etc.Bike stripped clean.All goes in the Mule.

The M.U.L.E.  is twice the price though.

Pop into CapeStorm in Bryanston and ask for a Salomon Revo Raid 15. It's about R450 and has

15L storage capacity

2.1L water capacity

and pounches for lube, cellphone and it's very light, comfy and breathes well.

Mampara it is like with Heart Rate Monitors Polar is the best, Groupsets, Shimano is the best, with tyres Continental is the best, why go 2nd best..... go for Camelback!!!!!!!

The Mule is perfect if you are planning on doing some staged races i.e. Sani2C, Epic, etc, otherwise for normal riding it is OTT.

Gotta agree with GoLefty, I use the Raid Revo 10, maybe slightly too small, but extremely light and fits in everything I need.

I am not to sure why CamelPack is the best !!! There r hundreds of packs (like the Salomons)that offers more at half the price . If you looking for something just to carry more water get the cheap Dunlop pack from Game , replace the bladder with a Gel outter bladder and use the R250.00 you safe to buy a decent cleaning kit for it . If you wanna tour with the pack then definitly look at the Salomon range mentioned by Glefty .

While you looking at pricess , sommer look at what the mouth piece cost for these fancy Camelpacks .

A bit over the top for me but i also have a mule. Previous i had a Ryder pack but the chest strap bust after a few rides.  

There are two things that make Camelpack better that the rest.

1 The opening on their bladders is big enough to get your hand in and clean it out quickly and properly.

2 their bite vaulves dont leak.

I own and use 6 different hydration systems, for various sports, and nothing I have used compares, pay the premium and get on with hassel free hydration.

Funny you should mention the bite valve . I had to replace my wife's one last year after it sprung a leak smiley5.gif My wife can get het hand in there if she wanted to but I sure as hell can't . Although my pipe on bags all turned green , my bags are very clean and clear . I think it is because the are always in the fridge when not in use .

The Camelbak is worth the price for the ease of cleaning alone.

It's just great design.  After a ride I remove the bladder (Camelbak Rogue), rinse it several times, blow the tube dry, and dry the inside of the bladder with a towel.  I remove the mouthpiece and rinse that thoroughly, blow it dry and chuck it in the bladder so it doesn't get lost.

Pack gets hung up in my cupboard, bladder gets hung up in the spare shower on a Camelbak hanger to keep it open so the last bit of moisture can evaporate.

After several years with a cheapie hydration pack that was more of an ongoing experiment in scary biology, I have had the Camelbak for a year.  Definitely worth the price premium.