The Toyota MTN Cycle Park

Pantani

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We decided that Loon should be loon-a-tic . I went over that bridge 5 times and was to scared to look down ! Big respect .

Respect to you too DR!! I don't think I'll be riding over that bridge anytime soon

Question for Andrew/Ali - will it be possible to visit the coffee shop and viewing deck without paying the park entry fee i.e to visit as a spectator.

Just thinking it will be cool to end a road ride there and meet up with buddies.

Question for Andrew/Ali - will it be possible to visit the coffee shop and viewing deck without paying the park entry fee i.e to visit as a spectator.

Would be a great place to bring a customer for a coffee.

Had a great time. Thanks Andrew/Ali/Jeff. I got kucked on from Jeff from a dizzy height. We were on one trail, and then decided to carry our bikes over to another (to watch the guys doing a drop-off - I think that's what it's called) I have never been to a bike park before and didn't know you don't do such things. The bridge, the corkscrew, the green mile ahhh, it was all fun. BB, good to hear you are a good recoverer. Jay, my friend, did you have a headache the next morning? Jay came down a relatively steep downhill and I dunno what happened next, but hit a tree head on. The tree is fine (I checked), but Jay's helmet saved his noggin and craccked right through. Nice to meet you all again, till the next one...

Had a great time. Thanks Andrew/Ali/Jeff. I got kucked on from Jeff from a dizzy height. We were on one trail' date=' and then decided to carry our bikes over to another (to watch the guys doing a drop-off - I think that's what it's called) I have never been to a bike park before and didn't know you don't do such things. The bridge, the corkscrew, the green mile ahhh, it was all fun. BB, good to hear you are a good recoverer. Jay, my friend, did you have a headache the next morning? Jay came down a relatively steep downhill and I dunno what happened next, but hit a tree head on. The tree is fine (I checked), but Jay's helmet saved his noggin and craccked right through. Nice to meet you all again, till the next one... [/quote']

Hee Hee, I'm fine. Its gonna take a bigger tree than that. lucky I had a spare helmet at home so I could surf and turf on Friday.

I've got a bigger headache now from last nights year end function, don't think I'll even make it on my bike this weekend.

I was there early this morning to get my annual pass and throw the flamed beast around some stuff. Was fun, and fairly busy. Lots of people got annual passes today, so it looks like it's going to be a very popular venue. The signing in was a little chaotic, I think they'll need to look at a different/more efficient system - something like having 2 entrance counters, one for day visitors and one for multi-unit card holders. That way the guy who don't need to sign forms and stuff can get in faster.

After the park I rode the beast down to the Sandton Field & Study Center for a skills clinic with the trailriding.co.za guys. Got there early and was playing around on the bike for about 30min, trying to get the hang of manualing. My arms are flippen sore, and I still haven't had a good manual.

I'm thinking it's time to pop by the park again before sunset, just for a few jumps and a Mocha Freeze - expensive but good!

Was gonna post some pics to show the recovery but I (yes me Bigben of 3.5 years membership and circa 5500 posts) have no permission to  ........... Ouch

Was gonna post some pics to show the recovery but I (yes me Bigben of 3.5 years membership and circa 5500 posts) have no permission to  ........... Ouch

As the longest active member i give you permission Big%20smile

It really looks nice. Will try it out soon. Will need to get some flat pedals so that I can use my cruz on the BMX track aswell.

No Offense big ben, but thats enough to put me off trying ANYTHING on a mtn bike ... the pain ! nee man