The Toyota MTN Cycle Park

Pantani

I did 12km of trails whilst exploring in about 1hrs riding. I did ride some twice but there are lots of options on each trail so you have to go back and try the other routes. Once the other side is open I think you could easily spend a morning there without getting bored. Below is the image of the trails I rode, the section north of the highway is the bit that was closed.

20081120_233237_Bike_Park.jpg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was talk a while ago about having a route from the park, through St. Peters and over into Leeuwkop Farm (prison), which could quite easily be 60km of riding!  Not sure if that will happen though.

Very cool pic's and looks like a great spot to spend a morning. Can't wait to get up to Gauteng. Day 1 = Holy's Mine Dump Ride Day 2 = MTN Park

Big%20smile

Forking meetings! AngryAngry

Did not make it through - glad to see there were some pics from there. It looks like some fun was had. If only half of it was open - double the fun would presumably happen when the other half opens!!! LOL

Cool...but no one rode on the bmx track?

No, but I did spend a bit of time on the pump track. What a blast! I managed to pick up enough speed to send me into unplanned launches a few times!

Thanks to Andrew and Geoff the Ausie for the preview and all the hard work that has gone in.

The storm seriuosly put these guys back and wrecked a lot of the work that had already been done. But from what was there this place is going to be a hit. Especially trevling daone the perimeter fence next to the highway, waving at the suckers stuck in their cars...hehehe

Awesome pics...but what the hell were you doing posying them at 4AM this morning, Pantani? Sleep is good for you! :)

It was great having coffee with everyone there this morning after a sweet surf n turf ride.... that Seattle outlet is gonna do good business.

See you all there tomorrow!!!!

I think a lot of hubbers also realised what goes into a park like this now, and that the entrance fee is justified. The trails weren't that much of a mission, but the BMX track was a massive undertaking.

but what the hell were you doing posting them at 4AM this morning' date=' Pantani? Sleep is good for you! :)[/quote']

Sleep is for moffies... LOL

On a serious note I enjoyed the coffee I had at the Seattle yesterday but boy was it strong... Battled to switch off when I got home last night. Guess that's where I need to go before I start a long kick ass ride then! Big%20smile

Pantani2008-11-21 00:48:02