3-4hr ride on the Spruit Sunday 21st Jan

MichH

not to worry . Michh just give me directions , time etc closer to Friday and I am sure I will be able to make it (Wife in China)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is deteriorating...

the Thug, how safe to ride all the way down? Not better to stick to Spruit to Craighall park with Delta and Alberts?

P.S. Mampara, if a hydration pack is all that is keeping you back, I have a spare 2 litre pack with spare bladder for you to borrow

Mich, i might join you guys; keep me posted.

anyone for a 70 kay loop up krugersdorp hill on the saturday morning? (roadbike, that is)

the Thug' date=' how safe to ride all the way down? Not better to stick to Spruit to Craighall park with Delta and Alberts?
[/quote']   

What and miss that tough climb up to the Power Station?

No, perfectly safe all the way down. I ride it frequently by myself.

yeah but who would want to mug a thug?

True, but we are talking about a group ride.

I wouldn't recommend to a single female certain parts of the spruit, but I have never seen or heard of problems.   

Cat-i, chat to Slowpoke. She's looking for a ride on Saturday.

Re Sunday, we will work out a route when we start. Everyone happy to start at Emmarentia?

So far:

MichH

Dad (who turned 59 today and STILL kicks my butt on the bike!)

Dirt Rider

The Panda

Cat-i (maybe)

The Thug (maybe)

Mampara (maybe)

I really don't care where you start as long as somebody gives me direction on how to get there . I only know Church street in Pretoria and Oxford Rd in Sandton .

I really don't care where you start as long as somebody gives me direction on how to get there . I only know Church street in Pretoria and Oxford Rd in Sandton .

Those roads are no where near Emerentia.

Anyway, go N1 south towards Bloem. Take Beyers Naude off-ramp. Turn left and continue for quite a bit past Cresta centre on you left and a few k's more Northcliff corner on your right. Proberbly another 2-3 kms you will see Westpark Cemetary on your right and the next traffic light you turn left. Entrance will be on your right just after you've turned. There are two entrances to the same parkign area . Sometimes they close the first one so just drive on another 100m to get to the second one.

20070117_021205_gardens.jpg