Resounding Sucess!!!

Delgado

Also managed to meet this guy????? Not sure who he is but he did a lot to get this ride organized...I think he is called chucky, chewy or something like that.LOL

20070127_130836_PICT0012.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very proud of you all... well done. great to see everyone paying respect.

BUT, its so sad that this kind of ride had to happen because of some irrisponsible drivers. :(

cant wait to cycle out on that route as soon as my cycling equipment is ready.. its an awesome route - i drive that way as my gran lives out that way.

I did not expect to see so many cyclists bearing in mind the short time given, but there was a huge turnout. Congrats to all involved in organizing this event.

It is time for the Thank You's (in no particular order)

JHB Metro

Ekhuruleni Metro

SAFAM - Paramedic response vehicle

ER24 Ambulances

Albert Reinecke - Backup Vehicle with Trailer

Lourens - Backup Vehicle

Think Bike - Marshalling

Satan's Saviours - Marshalling

Beeld - Press Coverage

SAPA - Press Coverage

Giovanni Mottalini - Central Gauteng Cycling

Andrew Mclean - Support and coverage and offers of financial assistance.

Alison Mclean Cyclelab and all other Cycling clubs and websites who advertised and supported the ride.

Shaun Hannie, Southern Cycling - organised with both Metro's, drove support vehicle, parking and many other logistical functions.

PPA - Donations of flowers from Cape Town.

Hubbers:

Daisy - funded half the cost of the wreaths and flowers and liaised with family and her mother for arranging the flowers.

Muxman - armbands and motorbike marshalls.

Chunky - Press coverage and general planning assistance.

Worcester Wheelers - PPA representative.

Last but not least:

Everyone that was there on Saturday ClapClapClap, I never thought that we would have such a turnout.

Anyone I have forgotten sorry but it got quite hectic last week, please pm me.

Rest assured that it doesn't stop here, I have lots of leads to follow up and will post follow up reports in the near future.

Well done guys/girls... saw some of the pros there , great to see them involved in this. and nice to meet a few of the hubbers,, amateur, man with no name, Fatty(???) , wonderwoman, and others...

Ian, Well doneClap The organisation was excellent and all who were involved did a really great job!!

It was wonderful to see that amount of people involved.

What an awesome turnout - I was truly amazed by the response from the cycling community - well done and thanks to all involved in the planning / marshalling / logistics of the event and a HUGE ClapThumbs%20Up to all those cyclist who took the time out to attend.

It felt so good to be out there for a common cause!! Let's keep thats spirit going and not let it fall.