To the bunch riding into camps bay this morn

DeltaOscar

So starting a thread on the Hub (and calling people names behind their backs) is going to change  road manners and behavior?

Probably not. But hey! Lets start another one next week. And the next week.

No, let's ignore it. Then it'll go away.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Michelle

Oh please... What do you think the chances are that they will read this?

And even if they do, do you really think they are going to make an effort to ride single file next time? I think not, especially considering you called one of them a wanker...

Hope you feel better after getting it off your chest cause that's all this topic is good for...

It is called self-policing. If we as cyclists cannot obey (or try to obey) the law' date=' how can we complain about the other road users?

BTW: Riding even 2 abreast is illegal !

[/quote']It's not gonna change...Just like Taxi's riding in the yellow lane...It's not gonna change... Get over it... Move on... If something happens to someone then let them learn from it...If they make it... Yeah it sucks but imagine we all had to start a post about "Seeing someone riding however much abreast coming in to whatever place"

So lets just stick our heads in the sand and not bother?

Way to make a difference.

I don't give a sh*t about the idiot riding 3 across getting mown down (but that would result in a huge boo hoo session on the hub), i care about ME having to share the road with motorists who see us all as arrogant road hogs, because of pricks like that.

I guess you won't reply to this because you'll have 'moved on' to be apathetic about something else.

As you feel so strong about this why didn't you stop them and point out their "arrogant behaviour" while you had the chance?

What makes you think they ever going to hear about cause you post a thread on the hub?

SwissVan2009-01-17 10:28:54

Jason- If you are not part of the solution' date=' you are part of the problem, your attitude towards the situation speaks volumes about you, and i have not even met you.

PS. dont call fellow cyclists W@nkers
[/quote']

"fellow cyclists"??? what is that.  Does anyone who has a bike stuck between their legs suddenly become my best friend?  Sorry, but there are way too many w@nkers who also cycle, hang around in bike shops and behave like idiots for me to want to be associated with them!  I carefully select my friends and just getting on a bike won't make you any more desireable to me.

A wanker on a bike is still a wanker

Jason- If you are not part of the solution' date=' you are part of the problem, your attitude towards the situation speaks volumes about you, and i have not even met you.

[/quote']When did I call anyone a wanker?

I train on my own so riding 2,3 or 4 abreast is not making me part of the problem. When I do ride with mates we ride 2 abreast and on narrower roads its single file and on quieter roads its 4, 5 abreast... So what now? If someone see's us I suppose they can't sleep for 6 weeks cause of what they saw? It's the same ol sh*t every week... I say if they wanna ride 2,3 or 4 abreast let them, they'll learn from their mistakes...one day...if they make it.

Guest colonel

Riding 3 abreast from Bakoven to Camps Bay is not cool.

Especially you in the Vida Cafe kit - wanker.

DUDE FFS you moan way to much

Jason, with your attitude I am not surprised you train alone!!

[/quote']When did I call anyone a wanker?

I train on my own so riding 2,3 or 4 abreast is not making me part of the problem. When I do ride with mates we ride 2 abreast and on narrower roads its single file and on quieter roads its 4, 5 abreast... So what now? If someone see's us I suppose they can't sleep for 6 weeks cause of what they saw? It's the same ol sh*t every week... I say if they wanna ride 2,3 or 4 abreast let them, they'll learn from their mistakes...one day...if they make it.

Guest colonel

[/quote']

"fellow cyclists"??? what is that.  Does anyone who has a bike stuck between their legs suddenly become my best friend?  Sorry, but there are way too many w@nkers who also cycle, hang around in bike shops and behave like idiots for me to want to be associated with them!  I carefully select my friends and just getting on a bike won't make you any more desireable to me.

You have mates???

Guest Michelle

mackiemoo: Clearly you haven't been around here for very long.  Wait till you've read the 5000th post moaning about ppl riding 2-abreast & see how you feel about it...

Jason' date=' with your attitude I am not surprised you train  alone!![/quote']OK, so the next club ride, all 100 members will ride single file for the next 100km's...That's like riding on your own anyway... Cause even 2 abreast is against the law...So is that what you saying? You ride 100km's with buddies in single file...You such a good role model... Go open a club, bike shop and start your own timing coming, you're what the cycling community's looking for...

It's been a while since I last saw the Bonny & Clyde of The Hub rolling on their enemies like this... Rocking the S3, taking on all comers... Rock on.... Clap

Jees! Get a grip! Lifes not so bad, surely you can come up with something better tha that, I might be new to the hub, but 5000 posts never... I have a life.

Jason' date=' with your attitude I am not surprised you train  alone!![/quote']OK, so the next club ride, all 100 members will ride single file for the next 100km's...That's like riding on your own anyway... Cause even 2 abreast is against the law...So is that what you saying? You ride 100km's with buddies in single file...You such a good role model... Go open a club, bike shop and start your own timing coming, you're what the cycling community's looking for...

[/quote']

You have mates???

They get paid well!!

Willehond, in retrospect you are actually correct, i retract that one should not call fellow cyclists w@nkers.

I have learnt this by reading some of the repsonses, indeed there are cyclists who are w@nkers