Anton Oberholzer

Owen

Point taken Haga. I know OB does some crazy stuff like he did at yesterday's race, and for sure he has made his mistakes in life, it just seems wrong to me to accuse people of doping and so on, on an open forum like this. I mean it's one thing for us to sit here and say ya, Lance was definitely on something when he won the tour or whatever, but its another to point fingers at someone that some of us know and train with daily. I mean I can just as easily say I have it on "good authority" that at two years ago's Tour D Eden, this or that vet rider was doped to the gills. Where does it go from there?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce,

your right on the money, the only problem is that for counciling to work, there has to be a slight chance of reform,

This is a repeat offender were talking about.

Sounds almost like someone whom should be up for a Darwin award of the year.

If you dope and race in amateur vet's cycling in South Africa so that you can win R300 prize money and beat guys that have full time jobs and families then you seriously need to go for councilling.

Agree, if anybody needs to dope to race well in SA in any cat, you have to think about finding another sport.

Hey Tnt

Granted valid point, and if i am wrong about his questionable practises, i'll be man enough to apologise.

If you train with him maybe you could outright ask him if he messed with EPO last year, im sure you would be able to pick up if he wasn't telling the truth.

Its kind of sad becuase he was one of the most talented riders around in the early 90's.

Its kind of sad becuase he was one of the most talented riders around in the early 90's.

Very talented... But complete nutter. When he was younger he used to train with bricks strapped to his pedals to increase strength... And a few years back, to lose weight he went to spinning classes wrapped in black refuse bags to sweat more... Just a pity my mate who instructed the class didn't have a camera handyBig%20smile.

Bruce' date='

your right on the money, the only problem is that for counciling to work, there has to be a slight chance of reform,

This is a repeat offender were talking about.

Sounds almost like someone whom should be up for a Darwin award of the year.
[/quote']

I personally will never accuse anybody of anything, that is the job of the officials.  There are sporting principles involved which in my mind say a lot about you as an individual if you chose to ignore them.

Guest colonel
If you dope and race in amateur vet's cycling in South Africa so that you can win R300 prize money and beat guys that have full time jobs and families then you seriously need to go for councilling.

What team are you riding for this year Bruce??

What team are you riding for this year Bruce??

You obviously know something I don't!  Want to be a bit more explicit?

Just rumours I guess.

Well then, I'll leave them up to you to spread.  I had you figured a bit differently but thanks for the heads up.

Obie may be all of the above but him and this thread, have given me the best laugh I've had in ages!!

It's absolutely laughable!!!! Shocking!! A joke to say the least!! Trust old Chunk to come up for his friends.

Firstly Grapkas, OB is not a friend of mine. I wasnt aware of what he had done in the race. i was just commenting as to why everyone has to jump to conclusions all the time.

Sure, If he did mess the race up for the other then he should be disciplined.

Crux

Is dit nie die ou wat op Carte Blanche was vir sy "doping tatics" wat hy aan skool kinders verkoop het nie ?????

Die ou was 'n Springbok track bike champ..................mag dalk die kar aan die allie beet he LOL