Immunity

Wheelsuck

Look at Swissy, scientific proof that if you do not eat veggies and only chocolate you can still be a good athlete, maybe a bit claw footed but still good. 

Bikemonster: if you look at the ad there is research that went with it, all I want to know if anyone has experience with it to consider as an option (to veggies)Wink  

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at Swissy' date=' scientific proof that if you do not eat veggies and only chocolate you can still be a good athlete, maybe a bit claw footed but still good. 

Bikemonster: if you look at the ad there is research that went with it, all I want to know if anyone has experience with it to consider as an option (to veggies)Wink  [/quote']

Wheelsuck is that now with chocolate or veggies or neurobion?

Viral Choice is mostly vitamin C plus echinacea.

Echinacea is supposed to be a wonder cure for colds but there is no clinical trial that backs up this claim.

Vitamin C will at least do you no harm.

SwissVan's reflexologist story makes perfect sense to me: when I eat stuff that I don't like my toes also curl. 

By comparison, chucking vitamins down your gullet is a great step forward.

I am amazed that this thread has run as long as it has - TitusTi nailed it in on the first page with the first (I think) reply to the original question.  I hope that most of you take better care of your bikes than you seem to take of your bodies.

the additive and pill munching industry is just there to draw your money away from more useful  pastimes, like obtaining bling for your bike, working off that summer fitness with beer and paying people to come naked.  You could also sponsor me to throw some neighborhood cats in the pool.

Aside from the above "facts" think about the it.  Folks make a product that they want to sell and make a profit from.  Therefore, it is a fantastic idea to make people believe that they REALLY REALLY need it.  Of course, most of the stuff might be beneficial if you only eat vleis and rys.  But if you have a good balanced intake of food, you'll generally be okay.  Don't be like those silly people who take anti-depressants because they think they're depressed.

It is fun how only one website mentions that neurobion is harful for you and it is a India website.Confused Neurobion is not listed on WADA's list. So I don't think the above info is concrete.

FFS!  What does WADA have to do with this?  WADA will ban stuff that confers a performance advantage.  EPO most certainly is on the WADA list.  Would you refuse a doctor's prescription for EPO?

The guy who felt that Neurobion is not good for you was at least a doctor.  Is Neurobion banned in "advanced countries"?  I don't know, but it's a claim worth looking at.

This thread started when somebody admitted to not eating vegetables and asked what to do to boost their immunity.  There followed a suggestion that he (or she) should eat healthily plus umpteen posts, all as far as I know from totally unqualified people, suggesting this or that wonder cure. 

I hope that this post is legible, because damn, these surgical gloves make typing difficult, and the gas mask makes it hard for me to read the screen...

Is Neurobion banned in "advanced countries"?  I don't know' date=' but it's a claim worth looking at.[/quote']

Anyone know google? Well, a quick search shows that it is banned, and you will find that on financial websites, as it was Mercks no.4 revenue earner, and their stock fell severely after it was banned in the States. Apparently they re-launched it under the name neurobion forte, which has a slightly different composition...

But that said, some of the people here need to stop being such pansies and eat their damn veggies. What is all the fuss. And besides, if you don't eat your veggies, Titus wont share the beerTongue

FFS!  What does WADA have to do with this?  WADA will ban stuff that confers a performance advantage.  EPO most certainly is on the WADA list.  Would you refuse a doctor's prescription for EPO?

The guy who felt that Neurobion is not good for you was at least a doctor.  Is Neurobion banned in "advanced countries"?  I don't know' date=' but it's a claim worth looking at.

This thread started when somebody admitted to not eating vegetables and asked what to do to boost their immunity.  There followed a suggestion that he (or she) should eat healthily plus umpteen posts, all as far as I know from totally unqualified people, suggesting this or that wonder cure. 

I hope that this post is legible, because damn, these surgical gloves make typing difficult, and the gas mask makes it hard for me to read the screen...

[/quote']

Bikemoster, don't work yourself up like this you will get a hart attack. I was just stating my point of view. I'm working in clinical trials and I spoke to three diffrent doctors and not one of them had a issue with neurobion.

Sorry if I upset youBig%20smile
Duathlete2007-02-14 03:32:17

Vaccination works by exposing you to a weakened virus' date=' which is a very different thing to an antibody.  Your body generates antibodies to zap the virus.  Then, if you encounter the live virus, your body has the recipe for the necessary antibody 'on standby' and can react swiftly.

Now the cold virus is a tricky thing because it mutates very quickly.  You do not get the same cold twice.  Every time you catch a cold it is a virus that is sufficiently different to previous cold infections that it slips past your body's defences until your body has had time to develop an appropriate antibody to fight off the current cold.  This is why  there is no such thing as a cold vaccine.

The flu virus is much nastier than a cold virus.  They are emphatically not the same thing - flu kills people.  The flu epidemic of 1919 killed more people than died in WW I.  Flu mutates fairly quickly, which is why some strains are deadlier than others, but the flu virus mutates sufficiently slowly that strains can be identified and vaccines prepared, although you need a new vaccine every year if you want to be sure that you are "covered".

This thread has a great deal of voodoo going on.  The fact that 'pro racers take it' is not a great endorsement, as they are prolly even more susperstitious than the rest of us.  At least to the extent that if successful rider A is taking mystery muti X, and word gets out, the other riders are also likely to take mystery muti X.

Claims along the lines of "I take powdered badger whisker daily and I don't get colds!" are also worthless because that is purely anecdotal and at best establishes a correlation, not cause and effect.  If I rub toothpaste on my head every morning to prevent baldness, and my hair doesn't fall out, that does not mean that rubbing toothpaste on your head prevents baldness.
[/quote']

I've been trying to resist commenting on this subject - considering the absolute junk that is being posted. I am amazed at how gullible people are - a generalisation I know but ...

Thanks for the few bits of sensible info in this entire thread BM.