Deplorable action by a cyclist this morning

Nix M2

Hi all

My friend emailed me the following which happened to her this morning. Just sickening. I hope this isn't one of you guys:

Ok you cycling at 5h30am in the dark in constantia where street lights are rare...you come across 2 cyclists with no lights on...what do you do?

Ok so I was doing a recovery ride this morning and just headed past vic hospital towards CV and was riding with both front and back lights. I said to myself I'll have to go ladies mile then reverse way around steenberg because its too dark to go normal route..even with my lights!

I then hear cyclists on my tail...I'm going slowly so expect them to pass....as we pass the robots by M3 offramp they pass me...2 guys on mtbs...with no rear lights! So I shout wheres your lights...don't think they really heard me. They got caught at next robot at virgin gym and we now heading into proper dark roads and these fools have no lights...I decide to go tell them and also shoot up just ahead to check if they by some chance have front lights...nothing!

I'm so flabbergasted of their stupidity especially in light(excuse pun) of all these deaths and they had nerve to block my rear light when they sat on my wheel(had I been going faster they would have still been on my wheel)

So I do admit...in my state of flabbergatedness and them disrupting my safety I ask them again, but yes did throw hefty swear word in.."where are your F-ing lights"? They respond saying none of my business and were upset with my language...I say whatever and go left alongside CV, while they appear to go straight towards the nek(now thats even darker territory!)

Anyway I carry on and just before kendal road I hear mtbers on my tail, turn around and its these 2 dumbasses( they could clearly see where I was thanks to my lights! and had obviously decided to come follow me and not go on their route) ... I can't really remember what they were saying..but clearly they wanted to continue arguing with me...very childish...I told them just move on and stop blocking my lights. I then head towards the left lane to turn into ladies mile at the same time the one guy starts charging towards me...what the hell? I'm now waiting for him to push me off or I don't know what...next minute he comes up and klaps me on the side of my face...I actually starred at him for a while in absolute shock - 1stly how can my comment bring you to such anger to come chasing after me to HIT me! and secondly, don't you have decency to pick on someone your own size, and 3rdly don't hit a woman!...as much as would have liked to punch him back..I had the sense not to be childish and dashed for my left turn - robot was red...so I had to jump the robot...idiots!

there were several cyclist heading towards us...don't think they really saw what was happening as it was dark, but if it did get nasty I was going to start yelling for help.

I'm still baffled at their behaviour. I agree I was wrong to question their lack of lights in an agressive tone, but they clearly a bunch of arrogant morons!
So next time I see idiots like that, I'll ask politely where their lights are...in somesense these fools have made me feel why bother,...but that would be stupid if their actions got to me!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why dont you just mind your own business next time, and don't swear at people. what's it to you if they dont have lights? are you a traffic cop?

I think you're deplorable one here

why dont you just mind your own business next time' date=' and don't swear at people. what's it to you if they dont have lights? are you a traffic cop?

[/quote']

Eloquent. I agree.Clap

Single woman shouldn't be training alone,.. in the dark ..crazy,

but if you do at least carry around a mace or some sort of weapon and if you get attacked by some undesirable (rapist, psycho, hijacker or MTBer)... just spray!

Hold on a sec...am i missing something here?

What's with the apathetic to aggressive responses to this post.

If this is for real, it's a disgrace. Whoever that idiot is that hit u deserves a good frikkin lorrying to the head. Squish!

i have been told more than once not to worry about other peoples stupidity so now seriously what was the expectation in this situation especially seein as there was foul language involved????

next time dont train alone dont worry about idiots without lights and dont get into situations where harm can be done again

sorry you got hit but there are ways to confront people and then there is the arrogant way that us cyclists get branded with all the time and unfortunately both parties explored the arrogant way in this situation

hope that you didnt get too hurt!!

Note: Not her, her friend !

Hi all

My friend emailed me the following which happened to her this morning.
Jackes17542009-02-25 07:33:28

Swearing at people is wrong,but you can't go and hit the person, in this case a lady... it's not right in any way you look at it

why dont you just mind your own business next time' date=' and don't swear at people. what's it to you if they dont have lights? are you a traffic cop?

[/quote']

And I think you are a jack*ss for giving such a flippant, stupid response. Maybe you were one of those Mtb'ers. I agree, their actions were stupid. If they got run over nobody would give two hoots about the fact that they did not bother about there own safety, and would be baying for the blood of the driver who ran them over.

Siss man, grow up.
Wannabe2009-02-25 07:36:20

Under the circumstances it would have been "ok" to slap a bloke buts thats no reason to slap a girl.

No matter how much she swears at you.

Real heroes these 2 tjopsits (tjop + twits)

Her friend, irrespective of her language, had no right to be assaulted.

It has little to do with arrogance and everything to do with small d^ck syndrome.

Nix, tell your friend to rather not try and help the ignorant, 99% of the time you are branded the EVIL one, also she should preferably ride in a group, (see what the little boys do then.) Bionic man2009-02-25 07:38:03