Subaru Sani 2 c

Aicorner

My first Sani. Fantastic event and brilliant organisation. However' date=' a bit bitter sweet for me.

Day 1 had a bad fall at speed on the opening district road. After dusting myself off and nursing my shoulder a bit I eventually managed to continue with the remaining 80kms, albeit a bit slowly and painfully.

Day 2 could not start as I was too sore.

Day 3 was awesome and I had a good solid ride.

Anyway went to doctor today and had xrays, shoulder is fractured in 4 places with one being a dislocated fracture.

Oh well going in for an operation on Wednesday, a plate, a hook and a few screws with 6 to 8 weeks before I can get on a bike again - bummer!

[/quote']

Hardcore. Well done chap, mountain bikers are supposed to be tough like you. Not pulling out when they get 'sick' like the leaders did on stage 2 (after being dropped....)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Werner will send me photographs.  Will post them, maybe I took pics of hubbers/// 

Contidore hope your knee is better after pushing them big gears up them big hillsBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

Was my first s2c and I enjoyed it immensely Big%20smile

(except the last 30km on day 1 when I cramped... but who remembers things like that at the end of such an awesome race)

A big thank you to Farmer Glen and his crew for making it possible for all of us to enjoy such an amazing part of our country.

Now they tell that after doing s2c, I can't call myself a roadie anymore Confused

Wishing all those with injuries, a speedy recovery Smile

Werner will send me photographs.  Will post them' date=' maybe I took pics of hubbers/// 

Contidore hope your knee is better after pushing them big gears up them big hillsBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

[/quote']

Its Contador.... thehehe.... most of the pics you did take was of hubbers...... most of us on that bus is on the hub......

Oja..... knee is much better already... how is the collerbone doing sofar..... hope bit better and that the meds are keeping you sane.....

Werner will send me photographs.  Will post them' date=' maybe I took pics of hubbers/// 

[/quote']

Have not even plugged the camera in, will do it tomorrow and post the pics.

Just on another matter..... who got jippo guts the friday after the race..... almost 90% of our 12people group got the sh*ts...... one was even in hospital for a drip......

Failed spelling, years back

Still difficult to sleep, started moving my arm.  Can do bicep curls and little forward movements.

The swelling is better but the blue areas that appeared started turning yellow.

OuchOuchOuch

Just on another matter..... who got jippo guts the friday after the race..... almost 90% of our 12people group got the sh*ts...... one was even in hospital for a drip......

that includes me, I thougt it was due to the voltaren pills I took???????

Failed spelling' date=' years back

Still difficult to sleep, started moving my arm.  Can do bicep curls and little forward movements.

The swelling is better but the blue areas that appeared started turning yellow.

OuchOuchOuch

[/quote']

hope you have a lazyboy like the last night..... cos you slept like a baby then...... thehehe....

They fall off the final bridge?  That would have done it, for sure.

Me and my partner - no probs at all.

There is also a nasty virus you pick up from berg water - generally called 'Berg Bug' that results in pretty severe gyppos and vomiting for about 24 hrs.  Not great if you get it.
davetapson2009-03-03 00:02:38

Aah yes, I have been man down since Friday night. So what do you think it was - all that cow sh!t, chicken burgers at the end of day 3? 4 others that I know of have been occupying the throne since Friday as well.

I did

thought it was from the dodgy burger from the Ultra city before Harrismith