Red Zone

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol @ WH

watse blommetjies is op jou avatar' date=' waars daai kwaai hond Confused
[/quote'] Dis lente boet.  Daai bitch was te kwaai vir my nuwe, relaxed (maar tog helmet wearing) mood!!!!

Ok in daai geval, vier ek die lente sjaam met jou, maar ek bly patriotiesWink

skerp LOL

Hier is nie blomme nie. Ek gaan vir my 'n klawer blaar soek...

Maybe in light of improved rider/motorist relations of the past week or so, the need for helmets is not currently warranted.....

lol @ WH

[/quote'] Dis lente boet.  Daai bitch was te kwaai vir my nuwe, relaxed (maar tog helmet wearing) mood!!!!

skerp LOL

Clap strattvark, hoe's die Guinness?!

BMC fan, kon jy nie 'n waterblommetjie kry nie?  Een van die dae weer winter innie Kaap...

Maybe in light of improved rider/motorist relations of the past week or so' date=' the need for helmets is not currently warranted.....[/quote']

Are they hugging in the streets yet?  How nice!

lol @ WH

skerp LOL

Clap strattvark, hoe's die Guinness?!

BMC fan, kon jy nie 'n waterblommetjie kry nie?  Een van die dae weer winter innie Kaap...

spessifieliaal vi djouBig%20smile

Wearing a helmet' date=' wearing a seat belt, wearing a condom, Its up 2 U. Everythings got it pro and cons, so stop sounding like their parents... [/quote']

The point is that it is not just a matter of personal choice.

1. You are a role model to youngsters and others who see you riding without a lid and think its "cool"

2. Its the law to wear a helmet.

I couldnt care about some dimwit weekend warrior who rides without a helmet, his head, his problem. I do have a problem with someone who gets media coverage and is an ambassador for the sport of cycling.

Guest colonel

OH MY ****HERE WE GO AGAIN!!

Half the Hub isnt going to sleep tonight cause some guy isnt wearing his helmet. How pathetic can you all be???

OH MY ****HERE WE GO AGAIN!!

Half the Hub isnt going to sleep tonight cause some guy isnt wearing his helmet. How pathetic can you all be???

LOL Hope they were not watching all those naughty boys on the Highroad Team on tv last night

Wearing a helmet' date=' wearing a seat belt, wearing a condom, Its up 2 U. Everythings got it pro and cons, so stop sounding like their parents... [/quote']

1. You are a role model to youngsters and others who see you riding without a lid and think its "cool"

I couldnt care about some dimwit weekend warrior who rides without a helmet, his head, his problem. I do have a problem with someone who gets media coverage and is an ambassador for the sport of cycling.

reader pressure forced procycling to get marcel wust to wear a pot on his pip. 

Clap Clap Clap

I read a report yesterday that studied children in the US and found

that where 90% wore helmets if their parents did, only 20% wore

them if their parents did not. I can't find it, or else I'd post the link. Did

anyone else read it?

So we have a bad example to kids and Barloworld saying #$%^ you to

the law of the land.

Not cool...

Clap

its not about B'world , its about cyclists behaviour. its the impression they leave with motorists (who haven't a clue who they are). a misbehaving bunch of cyclists are just that , motorists don't care if they are a T d France bunch or a T d Argus bunch. We have to live here.

Rabobank have initiated a fine system that includes fines for being spotted without your helmet!  That happened because Kai Reus went cycling on his own, was picked up next to the road and has no recollection of how he got there.  he missed a year's riding and so it was a big financial loss for him and Rabobank.

ON THE OTHER HAND; they lost thomas Dekker to Silence Lotto because of the stifling system at Rabobank (of which the fines is a symptom).  Silence Lotto are way more relaxed and can't be bothered to wear helmet.

So what do people in Holland think about this helmet wearing frenzy?  They don't care!!!!  Basically you wear it if you want and guess what?  Nearly 90% of the guys wear it on training rides because it makes sense to them.   No swearing required.

OK, I know it's the law in SA, but really, are there no bigger issues in SA?  Maybe Clarkson is right after all.  Things are not really that bad if this is what people get worked up about.

its not about B'world ' date=' its about cyclists behaviour. its the impression they leave with motorists (who haven't a clue who they are). a misbehaving bunch of cyclists are just that , motorists don't care if they are a T d France bunch or a T d Argus bunch. We have to live here.[/quote'] I'm sorry, but stopping at red lights, riding single file and smiling and waving will do much, much more than wearing a helmet!  Priorities.

Ek kry die onderstaande nerens op die thread nie, maar het die email notification gekry - WEIRD SE EK JOU

anycase... net 'n comment op jou laaste seding

my pa ... het die kimberley gat met sy eie hande gegraweWink

BMC fan' date=' kon jy nie 'n waterblommetjie kry nie?  Een van die dae weer winter innie Kaap...

[/quote']

spessifieliaal vi djouBig%20smile

LOL Jou blommetjies is kleiner as myne!!!