S.Cycling & M.Lange ??

DRIVETRAIN

more funriders = bigger races = bigger prize money

Look after all the parties and everybody will be happy.

narra2007-02-21 03:43:12

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another reason why i prefer MTB'ing. On lapped courses the MTB pros often engage slower (wobbly) rider's without incidents like these happening

Big%20smile

The Kid..no matter what U or anyone else here say about me & my comments or opinions it's water under the bridge .... Ok I made a mistake & named & shamed the wrong "Pro cyclist" ....I apologise...

Think about it .... there are a few here in the minority that agrees with me to some extent ...read their posts carefully...be that as it may my peeps Pro- cyclists have it easy on these routes...

Ok let me not banter on about these matters - they cylcle for a living - I don't (wish I did). They get special treatment - the "funrider who pays does not (hate that word fun rider)....

What difference is there between us or me for that matter & the Pro's ???

Ok now U will probably come up with all sorts - go ahead I choose ignotre it as your comments !!! I still say they have it too easy & race kids stuff races...so bite me..deal with it !!

Life goes on !!!

"DT Thumbs%20Up"

Big%20smile

The Kid..no matter what U or anyone else here say about me & my comments or opinions it's water under the bridge .... Ok I made a mistake & named & shamed the wrong "Pro cyclist" ....I apologise...

Think about it .... there are a few here in the minority that agrees with me to some extent ...read their posts carefully...be that as it may my peeps Pro- cyclists have it easy on these routes...

Ok let me not banter on about these matters - they cylcle for a living - I don't (wish I did). They get special treatment - the "funrider who pays does not (hate that word fun rider)....

What difference is there between us or me for that matter & the Pro's ???

Ok now U will probably come up with all sorts - go ahead I choose ignotre it as your comments !!! I still say they have it too easy & race kids stuff races...so bite me..deal with it !!

Life goes on !!!

"DT Thumbs%20Up"

No problem buddy! Thats my opinion and u have r opinion and each is entitled to there own.

The difference between us and the pros is they get paid to race and us not.

but as you say Life goes on.........Big%20smile

What!? That's it?! No name calling, frankly I'm insulted that the 2 of you capitulated that easily, you clearly don't have any convictions in your beliefs?

Another reason why i prefer MTB'ing. On lapped courses the MTB pros often engage slower (wobbly) rider's without incidents like these happening

In Mtb lap races there aren't huge bunches and we normally start at like 13:00 as in PE, by that time the course was pretty clean!

I still feel this is the organisers fault not the riders and i'm sure everybody agrees! Narra, you're actually right! Bring on the funriders in that case!

Dont know so much, there was an invitation for a bite that has not been taken up.

"I still say they have it too easy & race kids stuff races...so bite me..deal with it !!

DT = Idiot. Let me make it clear.

US: Unpaid riders doing it for fun.

THEM: Riders being paid over R300 000.00 per year.

Conclusion: If organisers place cars & other riders/funriders in your way to make your sponsors giving you this R300 000.00 per year then i would also be very unhappy!

Getting injury: CANT RIDE: LOSE SPONSOR: LOSE MONEY

BIG BIG DIFFIRENCE

Scotty, i agree races are too short but that is the organisers fault not the riders! At least teams like Minolta & Excell try to go overseas a few times a year!

Big%20smile

Ok I made a mistake & named & shamed the wrong "Pro cyclist" ....I apologise...

Pro- cyclists have it easy on these routes...

Malcolm Lange has been nothing but a professional with a wonderful cycling career including close to 400 race victories.  Achieving that could never have been "easy". 

DT, before you jump onto the Hub in the future, get your facts straight....Angry

more funriders = bigger races = bigger prize money

Look after all the parties and everybody will be happy.

I agree with you narra, if it was not for the fun riders there won't be any races or very little.Smile

That's because  we have a "funrider" culture in this country. Overseas they have a pro Culture much like our big 3. They are reverred and respected and you sure as hell don't see Boonen getting cut off in a sprint by a father out on a ride with his kids.

It is all about money. If we had the sponsors that Europe had, we would have the same kind of setup ?

And don't you like our nation, most of us is just mad with Endurance sports and races and we do have the perfect (almost) climate for it.

Drivetrain is merley expressing his opinion and view. IMO If you must, attack that and not the person (same as soccer, play the ball not the man as opposed to rugby). This board would be pretty boring if we all had the same view.