S.Cycling & M.Lange ??

DRIVETRAIN

It was Jamie Ball whorode into the chick.....and M Lange gave the organisers a piece of his mind....nothing wrong with it![/smiley4.gifQUOTE]

Maybe so but I still think they a bunch of A$##$holes...So whoever it was would not even assist the lady ???

What honour is there in that ??? Oh hang on...they are "Pro's they must have all the honour & I agree..Pro's racing 100k races ' date=',,,please please wake up...these should be racing nothing less than 180k's...

Paris Rouboux is coming up -- smiley4.gifNow that's racing for you there !! Worth every minute of it...not a pedal in the park...

"DTsmiley4.gif"
[/quote']

Yes Drivetrain, quite right, I dont watch SC so dont really know the issue, but I imagine, one could at least have helped the lady to her feet and enquired as to her well been!

............But as you say "roll on the international events" March the Pro tour races start in earnest, and soon we will have the Giro de Italia to crit Big%20smile - ..........So Yes, and not a minute too soon in my book.!! 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when you turn a corner nearing the end of a breakaway win(probabable at that point) and your team gets involved in a crash that is clearly the fault of race organisation it is quite natural to vent your frustration in the heat of the moment.

Credit to Malcolm, he didn't use the 5 phrases that most of us would have (including me).

I'm sure the guys would have found out who the woman was and gone to find out if she was ok after the race (did they?, any one??)

Ok picture this:

Draw a T-Junction

The Bunch come from one side and turn rugt at the T

The funriders are on that "T" leg and have to turn right

That means they come from front to each other and have to turn opposite direction on the cormer.

Dis soos 'n riempie stoel vlegsel.

Is the girl okay?

Was she hot?

Same question - tooHot!!! is just a bit more subtle...

I see no need to be mincing my words here.

Maybe they should just let the "Elites" ride on Saturday and then the

"FunRiders" on the Sunday. No more "FunRiders" at the end of the route,

wouldn't that be ideal for everybody. The "FunRiders" don't have to

start in the midday sun and don't have to be abused by the "Fast"

bunches to get out of the way at the end of the race.

By the way "FunRiders" is a really ugly word. I think a "FunRider" is

somebody that rides around the neighborhood on a Sunday afternoon. These

guys and girls also get up early, they also pay for riding on the same

road that the other faster guys and girls do, the also pump money into bikes, parts and nutritional products.

I started with the HL group, when

we joined the short distance, one of the guys in the bunch started shouting on the short distance "FunRiders". I got upset with this

guy and told him where to get off. Everybody needs to make sacrifices,

if your are an Elite or a fast HL bunch or a "FunRider", try to make the event great for everyone. The Elite's need the "FunRiders" unfortunately, otherwise there will not be so many races, and I am sure everybody started as a "FunRider" ?

The organizers mentioned in a previous post that they did get the timing of the bunches wrong and that it will be corrected.

narra2007-02-21 02:52:15

MTN Microsoft is the most Professional outfit in this country! Malcolm had every right to be angry. If one of their riders gets injured and can't ride it is a disaster for them. Anybody getting angry with them has obviously never been in a adrenalin pumping race winning situation. This has happened so many times and it is shocking that organisers JUST CAN't GET IT RIGHT!!! My husband was standing at the finish and heard the organisers saying the short distance is going to cause a problem but they weren't  trying to actually make a plan to fix it. If it was me i would have acted MUCH MUCh worse, i personally think it is because of things like this that Malcolm is retiring and it will be a LOSS to the sport!!!!

Guest Michelle

It was a huge stuff-up... never mind the breakaway but watching the chase group trying to negotiate the traffic at that intersection was nerve-wracking!!  Something MUCH worse could have happened!  I think some communication between the people following the Elite bunch & those at the start may have prevented the situation. 

You are right Gumpole, it was just the general feeling I got form this thread. En ek wou net my bek rek oor die hulle prettrappers storie :)

Well said Gumpole. 

WHen you think of it who rode into who?  Both parties were instructed by marshalls to turn, so just because Daniel was going faster than the lady doesn't make it his fault (or hers).  Did you see where on the road he hit her.  He tried extremely hard to miss the short route riders by veering offline. 

IMO it was an unfortunate accident that race organisers must try best to avoid in the future.
Le Tour2007-02-21 03:15:04

I get the idea that the Ride for Sight want to work towards getting as big as the Amashova/94.7 etc.  And it definately has the potential! How many of the big races like the Argus etc have short routes?

Guest Michelle

Oh.. and one other thing to remember, these guys are pro's.  This is their livelihood & by putting them in danger you're threatening that. 

It is the race organisers responsibility to make the route as SAFE as possible for EVERYONE.  If they failed then the cyclist has every right to voice his opinion!  Hopefully next year they'll make more of an effort.

So DRIVETRAIN Tongue 

I cant believe u all( drivetrain) have time to start a stupit comment like this......Angry

Clearly u do not cycle for an income!!!!