S.Cycling & M.Lange ??

DRIVETRAIN

I was carefully watching for Jason - unfortunately no TV coverage.

Jason next elite race pls try and get into a break so we can see you!

LOL

Gummy... how was the pub lunch?

Let me paint a picture... not the usual ones I paint of Michelle naked but a racing one EmbarrassedTongue

Anyway...

Liberty Ride for Sight... Elite group... 1 TCS rider... that will be me... So what must I do... Move to the front of the chase group to try and close the gap and then lead myself out for the sprint... I wish I was that strong... Nah dude, maybe if I was riding for my team mates then yes... But I have/had a bit of a cold so I wasn't feeling 100%... I was doing the yo-yo thing at the back... and managed to hold on to the end...just Dead... Maybe next time... a race some where in the Karoo... Elite group... 1 rider...1 entry and that will be me. Big%20smile We just need Andrew to organise the SuperSport camera's...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason - get into the early break BEFORE there is a chase group, ok you probably wont win the race this way but you get some TV time...

also your missing team members means that people wont want to chase you down so quickly.

jason - good to see you online for a change!

well done for past Sunday - shows you what can happen if you manage to stay upright (or not puncture!)

jason - good to see you online for a change!

well done for past Sunday - shows you what can happen if you manage to stay upright (or not puncture!)

Thanks Miss... I mean Mr. Seuss Big%20smile

Lost a bit of weight (16 grams) so the punctures are less and had my cerebellum replaced, only managed to get a 2nd hand one at a flea market outside Ventersdorp, but it's doing the job and keeping me upright Embarrassed... Good to see you haven't changed Big%20smile

Malcolm Lange has been nothing but a professional with a wonderful cycling career including close to 400 race victories.  Achieving that could never have been "easy". 

DT, before you jump onto the Hub in the future, get your facts straight....Angry

Just out of interest how many of these victories were in Europe?

Delgado: how many victories have you chalked up in Europe?  Or in South Africa for that matter?  Many a decent pro rides the protour and never win a single race.

You cannot do more than beat the field you are up against.  He is still winning major races at a pretty ripe old age.

Bruce....The question mate was out of pure interest and is irrelevant to what my achievements are or not. Please refer to my question again and read it in the light that it was written.

One question on this whole idiot/poepol/mud thread.  I love watching the pros/elites.  In my current 'dikker as gewoonlik' state I easily go and sit down (with a "ontbyt drankie" of course) and watch these okes finishing.  I even try to ride to a point, catch them, jump in the car and then race to the end (ok, geen ontbyt drankies voor die einde nie!). 

Would Cervelo's idea not make sense.  Let us slow okes start at 05:30 - 06:00.  The bulk of the "fun riders" would finish by 8:30 - 9:00.  Let the pros start at, ohh, 8:30.  Ja, I know, they'll catch some of us slower guys, but it would give me, as a spectator and funrider, the chance to see these guys at the end.  This would also give the sponsors a bigger "marketing" advantage.  O yes, the oke on his mike at the end could then give some commentary, instead of talking k@k or playing Jasons favorite "sakie-sakie" boeremusiek.

Bruce....The question mate was out of pure interest and is irrelevant to what my achievements are or not. Please refer to my question again and read it in the light that it was written.

Okay, just came across to me like you didn't think much of the victories 'cos they weren't in Europe.

Okay' date=' just came across to me like you didn't think much of the victories 'cos they weren't in Europe.
[/quote']

Agreed Bruce! Clap retype r question Delgado is you ment otherwise.....Confused

The funrider lady that was knocked down should just take it in her stride.   After all, we are all going to bite the dust at sometime or other.  She had her 15 seconds of fame .... not everyone can brag about being knocked over by a professional .... imagine being crashed into by Michael Schumacher ... what a thing to be able to tell the grandchildren!

The funrider lady that was knocked down should just take it in her stride.   After all' date=' we are all going to bite the dust at sometime or other.  [/quote']

The caring heart of cycling, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.