• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Malcom crashed into a fun rider.

2. No actually it was Daniel.

3. Or Darryl maybe?

4. Ok a rider in yellow crashed into a fun rider.

5. Got up rides away..leaving the poor fun rider on the road.

thanks...I think.

how's the Raleigh ?? LOL

I think that pro races should definately be longer and run in a safe abstracted manner from regular competitors

Often, and i speak from experience here, that when fast and slow riders merge, the consequences are not nice.

One solution - is to seperate them, the fees will go up, more road closure and trafficking but you gotta pay if you want safety.

I am sure the microsoft/mtn boys will make an apology, they are a great bunch of talented riders. In the heat of the moment, adrenalin pumping, nerves frailed, fatigue we all do and say things we dont mean. I have done it many times before.

I am sure they feel bad about the lady, i would feel terrible and i would definately have stopped, althouhg the chances of me being in a final sprint for victory in a national classic are slim at best.

I hope the lady is okay

It was Jamie Ball whorode into the chick.....and M Lange gave the organisers a piece of his mind....nothing wrong with it![/smiley4.gifQUOTE]

Maybe so but I still think they a bunch of A$##$holes...So whoever it was would not even assist the lady ???

What honour is there in that ??? Oh hang on...they are "Pro's they must have all the honour & I agree..Pro's racing 100k races ,,,,please please wake up...these should be racing nothing less than 180k's...

Paris Rouboux is coming up -- smiley4.gifNow that's racing for you there !! Worth every minute of it...not a pedal in the park...

"DTsmiley4.gif"

It was Jamie Ball whorode into the chick.....and M Lange gave the organisers a piece of his mind....nothing wrong with it!

Okay, who rode into who here???

Are we sure a boeing did not land on the bunch and cause a catastrophic nucleaur explosion which resulted a time rip and a T-rex came thru the rip and ate the woman up whole Confused

The raleigh was fine because the t-rex had too much iron in his blood and did not want to eat the metal object

https://www.bikehub.co.za/smileys/smiley4.gif" align="absmiddle" style="CURSOR:%20pointer" />

?

Not a great fan of this programme but once in a while I watch it' date=' like last night for example. Ride for Sight in particular displayed the "arrogance and chip on my shoulder" as "Pro-Cyclist" one Malcolm Lange...

?

Now some of U may disagree & I'll respect that but when U knock someone over like the blonde lady U help them to their feet and assess what happened right ?? Well not in this case because after all she is an insignificant fun rider ??? Is it because he wwas racing for a finish with his buddies ???

?

He darted off bemoaning the situation & she still sat on the road with bike one side...Ok she was not hurt per say but shaken indeed...

?

Now I see why I do not consider S/African riders as "Pro" -- & why I never watch SA sport...Blast me if U want by all means but it was said on the same programme how lax these riders are...if U watched & listened.

?

?

just thought I'sd vent my opinion!!!

?

"DT[img']https://www.bikehub.co.za/smileys/smiley4.gif" align="absmiddle" style="CURSOR:%20pointer" />"

?

?

Drivetrain if you don't have anything good to say about SA PRO's don't say anything at all...

i do agree that everyone had the right to be on the road, it's up to the organizers to make sure of everyone's safety!

As for the pro rider riding off after the incident... remember this is his bread and butter. He's not just racing off with his "buddies". The rider concerned has already obtained the name, number and email address of the lady and I'm sure has contacted her to apologize.

DT (and the rest of the opinionated) - how would you have reacted if you rode into somebody that was not

really supposed to have been there AFTER you have been racing 110km in

the heat with the adrenalin pumping?

also keep in mind that cycling is their livelihood - a broken wrist /

collarbone / leg / knee would mean that he is out of action for the the

rest of the season,  so no income.

from what i heard the guys tried to look for her afterwards trying to apologize etc.

as i have commented before - don't judge a person / situation unless you have been there yourself.

Ek het nie die race gery nie maar net dit gister aand gesien..

- hoekom was die pad nie toe gemaak nie (All the Car's)

- hoe het die "organizers"dit beplan.... Hulle het geweet dit gaan vinnig wees.

- en ja microsoft se team kar kon dam na die girl gekyk het of sy ok is. Mens kon nie sien of iemand na haar gekyk het niesnapshot2007-02-21 02:09:34

Agree with snapshot. The teamcar should have made sure she was ok. No "pro" will do that in the heat of a race. 

It was Jamie Ball whorode into the chick.....and M Lange gave the organisers a piece of his mind....nothing wrong with it![/smiley4.gifQUOTE]

Maybe so but I still think they a bunch of A$##$holes...So whoever it was would not even assist the lady ???

Well they race for some spare change AKA "PRIZE MONEY".....so the first thing on his mind was getting on his bike and getting podium. He just softly bumped into the chick and they fell over. I think if he raced in bunch D or E he would not have minded helping the chick and asked her number! Wink
AuctionLamb2007-02-21 02:12:48

Big%20smile

Like I said blast me if U will Dr. Suess...one of those things & yes I'm "opinionated" like so many others here & I do deliver them from time to time.

One-Way I don't have anything good to say admittadly because it's how I see it - when they race big numbers I may change my view but as for now it ain't gonna happen ..hey U have 1 post U should first earn your name here on the Hub -- don't just go blasting your elder's mate - girl...welcome even so !!Thumbs%20Up

"DT Thumbs%20Up"

Guest colonel

Drivetrain: I think your comment is *** it was Daniel Spence that rode into the lady 1st of all and why for one was there traffice that they had to dodge and another route with no marshalls and no lead car to keep the Pro's safe while outfront??

What if they never had the lead they did after riding a perfect race and then lost cause the officials never did their job correctly? I would be also pissed off and say it was a stuff up lke Malcolm did cause it was a stuff up of note. They ride to win and make a living and if they dont win they dont get paid. Imagine if Danny broke a leg, then what?

He had every right to be pissed off. You always say stuff about SA Pro's maybe look at the whole picture idiot.

IOne solution - is to seperate them' date=' the fees will go up, more road closure and trafficking but you gotta pay if you want safety.

I hope the lady is okay
[/quote']

Make the PRO's pay more. Less for the fun riders